Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

More Fianna fail propaganda from pats mate. Ask micheal why developers were lodging money into he's wife's account!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

No no no no no no no no no no

I'll never be able to un-hear that.

(Pat explaining his spooning preference)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I just heard Patricia Casey on Pats show. I can't believe that she still sticking to her support for the 8th amendment in spite of yet another case where doctors are inhibited from doing the right thing because of the constitutional position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Labour ars@hole really looking out for the squeezed workers there. Does he really think Sky and UPC will give out subscriber details so they can be chased for their RTE salary license? lol...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,436 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Labour ars@hole really looking out for the squeezed workers there. Does he really think Sky and UPC will give out subscriber details so they can be chased for their RTE salary license? lol...

Fairly easy to legislate so they have to - Sky and Liberty Global (UPC here, Virgin there) are used to this in the UK already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Radio_Fan_67

If they have sky or upc they can afford a tv licence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

Why does having an American accent allow people to get away with spouting complete and utter crap on radio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I cant stand those Ted talks.. Load of self indulgent, sanctimonious waffle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

If they have sky or upc they can afford a tv licence.

160 quid, just like that. Sure most people have that in loose change down the back of the sofa.

Clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I cant stand those Ted talks.. Load of self indulgent, sanctimonious waffle

Indeed...
    Father-Ted-not-a-racist.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

160 quid, just like that. Sure most people have that in loose change down the back of the sofa.

Clown.

Cheapest SKY package is €29 a month, so yes if someone can pay €348 for a tv package then paying €160 for a licence should be their first priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Pat must be squirming in his artistic boots having to interview Rory Cowan from Mrs. Browinz Boyiz.

Property Salesman? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭serfboard

Pat must be squirming in his artistic boots having to interview Rory Cowan from Mrs. Browinz Boyiz.
    Pat's done as light as that before - on The Late Late Show - and undoubtedly will be doing it again on his new UTV show.

Heard it meself and it wasn't a bad interview. Thankfully Rory didn't go on with his nonsense about Israel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

serfboard wrote: »
    Pat's done as light as that before - on The Late Late Show - and undoubtedly will be doing it again on his new UTV show.

Heard it meself and it wasn't a bad interview. Thankfully Rory didn't go on with his nonsense about Israel.

He's a one-trick pony though. The only entertaining thing about yesterday's show was Oliver Callan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Meathlass wrote: »
    Cheapest SKY package is €29 a month, so yes if someone can pay €348 for a tv package then paying €160 for a licence should be their first priority.

But that's not something they waaaaaannnnttttt :(

/stamps feet like a petulant 5 year old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's a one-trick pony though. The only entertaining thing about yesterday's show was Oliver Callan.
    I didn't hear it but let me guess.

He worked for EMI. If it wasn't for B O C he'd never have been able to pay for his house and he has loads of money that he never had before.

Callan was brilliant yesterday... Some of his voices are incredible... His Marty Morrissey is amazing.. he had a few funny swipes at Pat as well, and was started to have a go at Rachel Allen before Pat interjected and said "No, we certainly wont be discussing 'the thing' "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Pat Kenny is a great broadcaster and I have huge respect for him. Now that he is 66 I thought that he would have been turning his thoughts to winding down a great career and spending more time with his family.

Instead he is busier than ever. Perhaps the rumours that he got badly burnt on his property speculation are true. I wonder if he had the same accountant as Gay Byrne.

Aidric wrote: »
    Pat Kenny is a great broadcaster and I have huge respect for him. Now that he is 66 I thought that he would have been turning his thoughts to winding down a great career and spending more time with his family.

Instead he is busier than ever. Perhaps the rumours that he got badly burnt on his property speculation are true. I wonder if he had the same accountant as Gay Byrne.

I heard he may have had an investment in property with Sean dunne!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Instead he is busier than ever.

Maybe he dreads the thought of retirement. He doesn't seem to have much else in his life part from career and family, and I'd say his daughters would have reached adulthood by now, so he'd probably be struggling to fill his days without a regular media gig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

He's on record as saving that he can't afford to retire. He lost a lot investing in Bank of Ireland and AIB shares. He may be 66 but his kids are still quite young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Fair enough. Interesting that article also mentions Gay Byrne and Pat having a relationship with Derek Quinlan, so my previous suspicions were true.

I always considered Kenny to be a man with his finger on the pulse and able to view the big picture but he has shown bad judgement in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Fair enough. Interesting that article also mentions Gay Byrne and Pat having a relationship with Derek Quinlan, so my previous suspicions were true.

I always considered Kenny to be a man with his finger on the pulse and able to view the big picture but he has shown bad judgement in this instance.

Pat definitely 'partied' during the Celtic Tiger! The mind boggles at the shameless
    acquisitiveness of those well paid (at our expense) characters in RTÉ. Pat was not
    just 'unlucky' because the banks' shares tanked, he eagerly participated in the
    vulgar and manic purchasing of property led by 'fearless' risk takers such as
    Bernard McNamara and Seán Dunne. The €2m suite in the Ritz Carlton? Bizarre
    decision to mere mortals like the 'ordinary man' on the street who had to cough up
    €160 per year to help pay the exorbitant salaries of RTÉ 'celebrities' such as Pat
    Kenny and Gay Byrne. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Aren't we an awful shower of old gossips ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'd call it pure greed on his part. Not being content with his already-bloated salary, he reckoned he could make shedloads off the back of it - not like the rest of us plebs who have to make do with minsicule interest rates on our small deposit accounts. Hard to have any sympathy for the man.

I'd call it pure greed on his part. Not being content with his already-bloated salary, he reckoned he could make shedloads off the back of it - not like the rest of us plebs who have to make do with minsicule interest rates on our small deposit accounts. Hard to have any sympathy for the man.

My main problem is he was hosting what in my opinion is one of the primetime radio slots on National radio at the time.

He should have been calling out Fianna fail on there flagrant abuse of the taxation and welfare system to buy votes. Or the banks handing out mortgages to people they knew couldn't pay.

But instead of doing this, he was up to he's eyeballs in property dealings himself, so couldn't really call them up on it. Mainly because it was suiting he's investments, for lots of easy credit, to fund the property market he was so immersed in!

Pat Kenny loses all broadcasting integrity if he doesn't cover the Gemma o Doherty case today!

Will he break the Denis o Brien blackout of the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

God this is some rubbish on PK now.

I, like thousands of people, are at work today and would like to hear decent radio, not hyperactive kids screaming at huskies.

Advertisement