Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Skid X wrote: »
    Enda Kenny being interviewed now. I hope PK is in attack mode.

Doubt it. Enda wouldn't have stuck his head out of the bunker without clear guidelines agreed in advance. And Denis O'Brien wouldn't like it if his two trophy assets attacked each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Compare to his constant interruption of MacDonald yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

touts wrote: »
    Doubt it. Enda wouldn't have stuck his head out of the bunker without clear guidelines agreed in advance. And Denis O'Brien wouldn't like it if his two trophy assets attacked each other.

Yeah, very sanitised questioning.

He let the Taoiseach away with implying that Greece won't repay us our loan because they have huge unemployment and debt, without making any reference to the fact that things here are still completely screwed up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

It's Kenny v. Kenny, billed as the interview of the year, what with Pat's razor-like intellect going to be used to whittle away the waffle with deep probing questions.

Oh wait, it's not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Yakuza wrote: »
    It's Kenny v. Kenny, billed as the interview of the year, what with Pat's razor-like intellect going to be used to whittle away the waffle with deep probing questions.

Oh wait, it's not.

Pat likes to roll over and have he's belly rubbed.

Remember the time he had that crook Bertie ahern on? Spent an hour talking about GAA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Pat likes to roll over and have he's belly rubbed.

Remember the time he had that crook Bertie ahern on? Spent an hour talking about GAA!

and don't forget Berties flower pots :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Newstalk really seem to be going to war on the water protests now.

Denis must have ordered them out of the trenches.

Any resemblance of impartiality seems to be suppressed in the final push across all the shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Kenny vs. Kenny.

The interview was like two robots talking to each other.
    you may as well have broadcast the sound of a fax machine or the dial-up internet tone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭serfboard

Yakuza wrote: »

Oh wait, it's not.
    Heard a few minutes of that absolutely appalling interview - Pat let him off to blather on with his carefully-rehearsed phrases, to be repeated ad nauseam until the interview is over.

While Enda is probably personally a decent skin, I think he's completely clueless. I reckon 'tis the wife Fionnula that's running the show, telling him what to say.

An Irish version of George W. Bush IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

serfboard wrote: »
    An Irish version of George W. Bush IMO.

Bit harsh towards George W....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

serfboard wrote: »
    Heard a few minutes of that absolutely appalling interview - Pat let him off to blather on with his carefully-rehearsed phrases, to be repeated ad nauseam until the interview is over.

No surprises there at all. For all his preening self-regard as a "tough" interviewer, PK is yer standard kiss-up, kick-down sort of operator. And the "toughness" is pretty much just a variable rate of interruption to blether his way through his own particular talking points anyway, rather than anything much to do with what the interviewee might ever be saying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Elizabeth Arnett of IrishWater due on later.
    Much fun awaits

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

snubbleste wrote: »
    Much fun awaits

So one current Denis o Brien employee interviews one future DOB employee.

I'm not expecting much to be honest!

So one current Denis o Brien employee interviews one future DOB employee. I'm not expecting much to be honest!
    Ah c'mon, the last time she was on was most entertaining - her nose kept growing longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Much fun awaits

Oh she's alive! I was worried about her. She was on the radio 24/7 for ages then disappeared completely when the protests started likely adopting the "if you're explaining you're losing" logic of PR.

So one current Denis o Brien employee interviews one future DOB employee.
    I'm not expecting much to be honest!
    I heard you the first time.

Now engaged
    ofXZ1EZl.png

She got her ass kicked on Sean O'Rourke an hour ago. So far Pat has been very soft in comparison. Almost flirting with her.

They are giggling and laughing together now. Mainly at the listener queries which says a lot.

They are giggling and laughing together now. Mainly at the listener queries which says a lot.
    Lots of hair touching and eye contact ...radio is so fluid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

IW infommercial

Did she just say that IW cannot even reduce water pressure for non-payers?

Did she just say that IW cannot even reduce water pressure for non-payers?

Nope. They aren't allowed. They can't reduce your water pressure. They can't fine you. They can't charge you more. They can't put a charge against your house. All they can do is not give you the water conservation grant of €100. But considering you can forgo the €100 and pay them nothing or take the €100 and pay them €260 it isn't much of a threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,436 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They can't put a charge against your house.

Pretty sure that this (one specific thing) they can actually do.

I suspect how they're going to get people over time is cutting off properties when they're empty - not disallowed at all - and refusing to reconnect until the new occupant has signed up with them. Will get the vast bulk of the private rental sector over time via that and landlords putting it in leases, council rental sector will find they have issues with the council if they don't register and private owners will have issues at sale/probate/etc. New builds won't be connected without an agreement, etc.

All they really need is 60-70% paying, they claim to have over 50% already - and it looks that, like the LPT, a lot of people are registering at the last moment. We were told that a million wouldn't pay the LPT by the campaign against it but it was well over 80% before Revenue too control of it. Wonder what that campaign did with all the tenners they collected for a fighting fund...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

They can't fine you. They can't charge you more.

There's the late payment penalty. Which obviously they then have the issue of collecting itself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Paul Williams - professional scare monger...the good bursars of SoCoDu will be locking their gates this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Paul Williams - professional scare monger...the good bursars of SoCoDu will be locking their gates this evening.

I had to laugh at him saying, without irony, that TV shows like Love/Hate are glamorising these gangsters. What an ass.

On the current discussion, Jesus, I thought the defence on Loiveline for disease was bad, but now kids get diseases because of the lifestyle of their ancestors. That's pretty vindictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I had to laugh at him saying, without irony, that TV shows like Love/Hater are glamorising these gangsters. What an ass.

On the current discussion, Jesus, I thought the defence on Loiveline for disease was bad, but now kids get diseases because of the lifestyle of their ancestors. That's pretty vindictive.

Listening myself,can't believe what they're saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Whatever you think about Mannix Flynn, that's a pretty scummy thing to do.

• Advertisement

Yet another history slot on Irish radio covering someone who no one ever heard of who lived in Ireland between 1900 and 1930.

Between Talking History (Newstalk), The History Show (RTE) and now this History Slot on Pat Kenny if someone with no knowledge of Ireland listened to these shows to get some background on ireland they would think the island suddenly popped out of the ocean in 1900 and was completely filled with union leaders, artists and writers a few of whom ran around carrying guns.

Advertisement