Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Does she really think we believe her when she says she's lived a "very very very normal life" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

you know ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Roish ...

I think we're listening to a PR car crash in motion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Does she really think we believe her when she says she's lived a "very very very normal life" ?

Normal life is relative. I'm sure they all went to fee paying schools that limit enrollment to the right sort and mixed with the right sort of people. Normal might be what they see all their friends having-that doesn't mean its normal for the rest of the population.

Jerry Beades, what an idiot. Stop digging!

• Advertisement

lazygal wrote: »
    Jerry Beades, what an idiot. Stop digging!

He's some gob****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

'bog standard' 10 million euro house and upbringing...courtesy of a load of debt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They don't know any different. I went to school with a lot of people on the hill and I'm from a council estate. We didn't live much different lives as children.

They don't know any different. I went to school with a lot of people on the hill and I'm from a council estate. We didn't live much different lives as children.

They're far from children now, and any adult their age should be fully aware of their situation, both past and present.

Ah ffs, what about the lenders. Who'll be the first to say "Where's our NAMA ?". They should be on loiveline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

When I tuned in here, I thought it was a Ross O'Carroll-Kelly sketch!

They're far from children now, and any adult their age should be fully aware of their situation, both past and present.

They were talking past tense about their upbringing and it still doesn't matter if they are aware of the their parents wealth. Their upbringing wouldn't be much different to most people. They play same sports, they watch the same tv programmes, they go to the same cinema's with their friends etc

Two innocents being hounded for the 'family home'. Where's Enda??? If this was in Mayo this would never happen :)

Their upbringing wouldn't be much different to most people. They play same sports, they watch the same tv programmes, they go to the same cinema's with their friends etc

I don't agree with that at all, their upbringing would contrast a lot differently to a working class kid for example.

I don't agree with that at all, their upbringing would contrast a lot differently to a working call kid for example.

I hate class distinctions but I grew up middle class, as did my husband, and our upbringings weren't like theirs. They are part of a very high income level in Ireland, but if you're mixing with people who are also in that bracket that will be your 'normal'.

Those accents are getting on my wick!

There's a difference between morality and law...and there's a difference between legal tax 'avoidance' by setting up trusts and morality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I hate class distinctions but I grew up middle class, as did my husband, and our upbringings weren't like theirs. They are part of a very high income level in Ireland, but if you're mixing with people who are also in that bracket that will be your 'normal'.

How do you know? How would you know?

Having said that, they're doing themselves absolutely no favours this morning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Blaise.jpg

Still.......:D

I don't agree with that at all, their upbringing would contrast a lot differently to a working call kid for example.

Well then I would suggest that you have never been exposed regularly to people who have wealthy parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,332 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Quite a few verbal shrugs about the nature of the Vico trust there. Sure theyre a very normal family apart from their parents greedy and then evasive behaviour, obfuscation and tax avoidance strategies. The same parents who spent years at pains to demonstrate their base was overseas.

The 'kids' gave no consideration to benefit from this property. Get the **** out of the house and go inherit the London townhouse instead

Yes, I understand the point of normality being what you're used to , but they're well outside the normal range, even for well off families, and should be aware of that at this stage.

Listening to them go on about morality is grating.

their upbringing would contrast a lot differently to a working class kid for example.
    Well then I would suggest that you have never been exposed regularly to people who have wealthy parents.

It's a simple fact, nothing to do with what I was exposed to or not.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    How do you know? How would you know?

Having said that, they're doing themselves absolutely no favours this morning.....

Oh come on. My parents didn't borrow millions. My parents didn't create trusts for their family home. Neither did my husband's parents. There is no comparison between what I think was a very normal middle class upbringing like mine and my husbands, and that of this pair who's parents thought they could borrow left, right and centre to make themselves billionaires.

Solution is to give the house back, get a more modest one and get on with your life.

I don't think they made many new friends this morning!

Oh come on. My parents didn't borrow millions. My parents didn't create trusts for their family home. Neither did my husband's parents. There is no comparison between what I think was a very normal middle class upbringing like mine and my husbands, and that of this pair who's parents thought they could borrow left, right and centre to make themselves billionaires.

How do you know the children knew a single thing about what their parents were up to? (I don't either, btw)

You're visiting the sins of the parents on what could have been entirely innocent children (we're talking their upbringing here, not present day where they clearly can - and do - talk for themselves).

I have no idea how I've wound up "defending" this pair, as they're digging a giant hole for themselves with every sentence as I'm listening - but I just can't abide huge generalisations and assumptions being thrown out there as fact when no-one who didn't know that family when they were growing up can know a single thing about their upbringing and family life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

arrragh that fecin song

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I might have some consideration for the O'Donnell's if they dropped the pretence of being just like every other family and quit presenting themselves as victims who will find themselves on the streets if their 'family home' is repossessed.

It's a bit of an insult to the many families who actually are facing that prospect.

I'd also have more time for them if they dropped that bog standard tosser that shadows them everywhere. What a gift this case must be for that plonker.

• Advertisement

Christ that walker fella is exhausting to listen to.

He's like John Lonergan on speed :eek:

Had to switch to Lyric for a bit of peace. (Cheltenham on SO'R now, I'm sick of it already and it hasn't even started yet)

Advertisement