Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Callan57 wrote: »
    Quite possibly but then I wouldn't be alone in that now would I?

Who knows.

Sure isn't Denis O'Brien secretly running the country :confused:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Who knows.

Water meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

I really enjoy having a Wikipedia page read out to me :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The whole idea that every show on Newstalk a this stage are involved in all sorts of conspiracies on behalf of DOB is extremely tiresome at this stage.

It should almost be a carding offence at this stage ffs. There's a whole forum in which a Newstalk thread can be set up to talk such crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

Who knows.

today the country, tomorrow world :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Why in the name of Jaysus do they have that nauseating guitar during the pre-recorded Irish segments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

neris wrote: »
    today the country, tomorrow world :rolleyes:

Yep he's actually a vilan in the next bond movie............bond tries to stop 15 water meters being installed in a housing estate in north dublin and then stands outside a topaz garade with a sign asking people not to buy petrol there...............its going to be amazing:)

I missed the start of this story so no idea what it's about, but it's obvious it's their Aprils Fools story. C'mon lads, a bit of effort and imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I missed the start of this story so no idea what it's about, but it's obvious it's their Aprils Fools story. C'mon lads, a bit of effort and imagination.

Pretty poor effort........surely they can do better than that for an April Fool scam!

Jesus Christ, people have believed it and are texting in and complaining !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, people have believed it and are texting in and complaining !
    Or so they would have you believe... :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

That story about the sexual attack on that poor autistic boy in Cork was sickening.

Hopefully the Guards and social services move fast to catch the perpetrators!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Sen Lorraine Higgins caught out badly on her whole bill to ban abuse online. She has no problem photoshopping photos of Luke Ming Flanagan in the name of "satire" during a political campaign but if someone does it to her its abuse. Pat blew her out of the water on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The kids are on holiday Pat!

Pat is owning this water tax tool (but perhaps he's not being entirely objective). Nevertheless, it's entertaining.
    He's backpedalling, contradicting himself.

Pat's masters will be pleased.

Pat is giving Paul Murphy TD a right good kicking. I think Murphy is close to tears as he sees his whole political ideology exposed as a complete fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Don't think so he looks like pat is close to losing it, the lack of objectivity and aggressive interview style is exactly what Paul wants.

It lends well to the idea that this is s big push by the haves against the have nots .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Paul Murphy acquitted himself well in that interview. Pat Kenny sounded hysterical.

I thought he (Murphy) came across as smug, except when Kenny pointed out the gaping flaws in his logic.

Maybe so but you can see the distinct difference in interview style with his next one with the minister . He still got his point across with bring aggressive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Paul Murphy is an utter loon - Ireland's latest incarnation of Citizen Smith

That's why it would be best to try and keep a balanced interview let him sink himself. Its a hard one though how do you deal with someone like that as i suppose no matter how you interview he can easily turn it back on the interviewer afterwards.

At last! A scientific explanation of how Brian Cowen became Taoiseach....

Calhoun wrote: »
    That's why it would be best to try and keep a balanced interview let him sink himself. Its a hard one though how do you deal with someone like that as i suppose no matter how you interview he can easily turn it back on the interviewer afterwards.

But pat Kenny loses all credibility, when he had that crook Bertie ahern on last year and wouldn't ask him one question about him bankrupting the nation! Spent an hour chatting about GAA ffs.

The same pat kenny that was on our national broadcaster for decades in a prime pime slot, and how many politicians did he call out?

But of course he's now under paymaster DOB, and he who pays the piper calls the tune!

Either go hard on everyone Pat or don't go at all!

But pat Kenny loses all credibility, when he had that crook Bertie ahern on last year and wouldn't ask him one question about him bankrupting the nation! Spent an hour chatting about GAA ffs.

The same pat kenny that was on our national broadcaster for decades in a prime pime slot, and how many politicians did he call out?

But of course he's now under paymaster DOB, and he who pays the piper calls the tune!

Well that was my point, you dont even need to look to last year. This morning he had two interviews back to back, one on water with Paul, and one on education with the minister.

Its not that he asked the minister any less direct questions but he was calmer while doing so.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/bradshaw-held-share-in-second-ifsc-property-1794620.html

I'm sure pats business dealings have no bearing on the easy ride he gives some politicians.

I'm sure he doesn't want the developers running the country again!

Disgraceful behaviour by Dunnes. I don't think I'll be darkening their doors again until they get rid of these variable hours contracts.

Dunnes warned they would have to let people go if the staff went on strike. The Union told their members to ignore that and go on strike. I don't know why he is shocked that he got let go. The Union gave him very bad advice knowing that they would be pretty much untouchable (you can bet there would be war if it was a shop steward who was let go). Now he is on his own. The union leaders are playing a large strategic game with employers and individuals get caught in the crossfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

But pat Kenny loses all credibility [..]

Have to stop you there. The credibility he gained when, exactly?

• Advertisement

I couldn't agree more. He agressive interview with Paul Murphy was awful... it was uncalled for. Paul Murphy did the right thing by staying calm and not retaliating.

We get enough of that from most our elected politicians every day in the Dail.....they sound like a pack of hysterical turkeys most of the time and nothing can be heard with their squabbling.

whatever Pat Kenny does or says wont change my mind at this stage. I CANNOT pay and will not pay as a result. I earn 208euro a week and have just paid 225 property tax 2 weeks ago and my Car tax and TV licence are both due in the next month. I will NOT pay for this fat quango and all their incompetence.

Advertisement