Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Isn't it strange that anytime that an Irish person gets into trouble with the law in another country, it's always because they were 'framed'. .??

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Bejaysus, Pat Shortt could give Syl Fox a run for his money, laughing at his own jokes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Callan57 wrote: »
    I sympathise with his illness but honestly it's a bit much to take on a job knowing your health won't permit you to carry it out.
    But then again, his record was lousey prior to the last election and the Irish electorate still returned him & then we wonder :rolleyes:

Hard-core sympathy vote, pure and simple.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Two rubbish pieces to start the show: Pat gives special treatment to the tragic death of fellow Dalkey resident Anna Hicks (shades of Gorse Hill interviews), followed by a farcical piece with a local hack on the double death tragedy in Askeaton - there's no details whatsover yet but it took Pat an unbelievable time of asking the same questions to elicit this. Was it murder? Was it Suicide? Did anybody know the pair who died? What are the Gardai saying? The answer to all these questions was - nobody is saying anything yet. Should have saved the price of a phone call. Tabloid journalism at its worst, but no more than one would expect from the Denis O'Brien stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

So, Pat says that Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cambridge are visiting Ireland today!! Sloppy, Pat!! :(

• Advertisement

Eamon McCann is a bitter twisted old man. It's the likes of him that keep the bitterness in Northern Ireland going on and on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Eamon McCann a has been hater.

The Irish Times allowed him an opinion slot the other day and it opened a door into how sad and hate filled Eamon is.

Don't know why Pat gave the dick airtime

St Lucinda of Arc on now. Pity she couldn't sort out these problems when she was a member of the government which oversaw the health service?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Roger_007 wrote: »
    St Lucinda of Arc on now. Pity she couldn't sort out these problems when she was a member of the government which oversaw the health service?

Watch her prop up fine Gael after the next election!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Will Pat declare any and all dealings he has with NAMA?

• Advertisement

the Queen of Ireland has turned from conservative catholic cross bearer to champion of gay lifestyles (well her son came out publicly a few weeks ago)

Pat didn't shirk and put it to her, she got very defensive, do not think she was expecting a challenge.

I don't know how Mary McAleese's can reconcile her membership of the Catholic Church with that church's teaching on gay rights, not to mention its treatment of women. She's a bit of a hypocrite!

PAT!

Ask Mary about this..

JUST IN

A Christian-owned bakery, which refused to make a cake carrying a pro-gay marriage slogan, has been found guilty of discrimination after a landmark legal action in Belfast.
    The Northern Ireland Equality Commission brought the case against Ashers Baking Company on behalf of Gareth Lee, a gay rights activist whose order was declined.
    Giving her ruling at Belfast County Court today, district judge Isobel Brownlie said: "The defendants have unlawfully discriminated against the plaintiff on grounds of sexual discrimination.
    "This is direct discrimination for which there can be no justification."

remember tax payers...

we are handing over €140,000 pa to Mary McAleese

I'm not sure if Pat is adhering to the requirement for impartiality in the referendum debate by allowing Mary McAleese to air her support for the YES side unopposed.
    I wonder will he allow anyone from the NO side the same opportunity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

These people on about special needs would make you weep, and vote for anybody who WON'T give tax breaks but who will open respite care places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,579 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Gay lifestyles? Are you serious?

And it's worth pointing out that McAleese has campaigned for gay rights since the 1970s before her children were born. Thankfully her son grew up a house with caring compassionate and understanding parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I'm not sure if Pat is adhering to the requirement for impartiality in the referendum debate by allowing Mary McAleese to air her support for the YES side unopposed.
    I wonder will he allow anyone from the NO side the same opportunity?

Far as I know that requirement applies to the state broadcaster not to commercial broadcasters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

And it's worth pointing out that McAleese has campaigned for gay rights since the 1970s before her children were born.

She should keep her beak out of the referendum.. She's already had her say and it was very widely publicized... And I dont know how she can be part of the Catholic Church if she has such differing views anyway... I dont agree with a lot of what the Church says, so I dont pay the subscription.. She should do likewise.

But It makes a great headlines when "Ex President Beats Up Catholic Church", and McAleese uses this to attention to constantly ran her opinions down our throats...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,579 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

She's entitled to her opinion, "beak' - are you serious. She is not beating up the Church, Christ. Is there something you disagree with in what she said? Why not debate and focus on that, these opinions Which are being rammed down our throats. (She's spoken twice about the referendum in the last six weeks, twice). Debate the issues instead of thank whoring.

• Advertisement

"My son is a genius!"................how many parents think that?

I absolutely agree with Kevin Myres, (which is a first for me). There is no need for this referendum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

"My son is a genius!"................how many parents think that?

seems like a nice kid and he for sure is gifted, but to put him into a snobby stuck up bunch of boring dopes like Mensa !!! please !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

the_monkey wrote: »
    dopes like Mensa !!! please !!!

Mmm, don't think they'll be opening up their doors for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Mmm, don't think they'll be opening up their doors for yourself.

No indeed ...

This woman is simply avoiding the real questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Tatcher fancied Haughey!! NO! I'm NOT LISTENING. LA LA LA LA LA LA LA.

**** it. Too late. There's an image that I'll never forget. Thanks Diarmuid!

• Site Banned Posts: 77 ✭✭Unruly Hector

Mary Black's kid seem to get a huge amount of air time..

• Site Banned Posts: 77 ✭✭Unruly Hector

It annoys me that Nora Owen is now a "broadcaster"... Could she not move aside, take her pension, and leave that opportunity for some young person...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Callan57 wrote: »
    Far as I know that requirement applies to the state broadcaster not to commercial broadcasters

I think it applies to all broadcasters whether state or commercial or community. They are all subject to the regulations of BAI.

Advertisement