Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anyone catch that 2nd word got Pats prizes? I never enter competitions but the Mrs would like those vouchers.....and I'd get some free time while she spends them - win, win ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

It's on in the office. First word was Happy. After was the Ivan Yates one, so I'm guessing that the 2nd word is Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It's on in the office. First word was Happy. After was the Ivan Yates one, so I'm guessing that the 2nd word is Ever.

Needless to day that wasn't me! Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Carl Dieter talking a huge amount of sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Woman on now bitching and moaning about the council in limerick not repairing her free house quickly enough after a fire in it and she has been living in free temporary accommodation.

How about you try getting a job and fixing your own house luv? The rest of us have to do that. The sense of entitlement drips from her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Anyone know the first word for the competition today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,440 ✭✭✭✭L1011

touts wrote: »
    Woman on now bitching and moaning about the council in limerick not repairing her free house quickly enough after a fire in it and she has been living in free temporary accommodation.

How about you try getting a job and fixing your own house luv? The rest of us have to do that. The sense of entitlement drips from her.

You do actually pay an income (including from welfare) linked rent for LA accomodation. However, if your privately rented house burns down the landlord can usually just terminate the lease and you're on your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Anyone know the first word for the competition today?

Whats the second?

She was burnt out by racists because her partner was Moroccan ffs!

She was burnt out by racists because her partner was Moroccan ffs!

I missed the very start and didn't hear that. But that is separate. That is a criminal issue and those who did it should be hunted down by the guards. It's the second part I heard and the attitude of give me the house I want now that just pissed me off. I didn't burn her out. Why the f*** am I as a taxpayer being told I'm not doing enough to help her when I seem to have worked very hard for everything she ever owned.

• Advertisement

I missed the very start and didn't hear that. But that is separate. That is a criminal issue and those who did it should be hunted down by the guards. It's the second part I heard and the attitude of give me the house I want now that just pissed me off. I didn't burn her out. Why the f*** am I as a taxpayer being told I'm not doing enough to help her when I seem to have worked very hard for everything she ever owned.

Good luck with your nomination for "Humanitarian of the Year".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Whats the second?

little.

little.

This, too late I fear!

Good luck with your nomination for "Humanitarian of the Year".

I mightn't but wouldn't it be nice for "The Taxpayer" to win humanitarian of the year. Hell it would be nice if just once someone went on Pat's show and said that they weren't there to complain but would just like to take a moment to thank the taxpayer for everything we give them. Won't ever happen though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 266 ✭✭Clive Bisquette

Mrs don't expect anything from that bunch, all they are doing is tooling up for the next election, in the hope they might fool some genuine people.

They are like Ross and his ilk, hurlers on the ditch, know all the answers but like the economists, who inhabit the halls of academia , can do fcukk all about the problems.

Remember Alan Ahearne ?

Guy was on every radio show prior to the crash, knew everything.

Then got a real job in Govt... Crashed and burned, not a peep out of him.

You need to take these things in Mrs.

You got it pretty well square on there Brendan...clean head shot pal !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Paul Williams talks some amount of rubbish. Very difficult to take him seriously and I can see why every newspaper he writes for drops him like a hot potatoe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 geared_up

williams is a full time shill for AGS , he owes his career to garda leaks but he repays them back with endless fawning coverage , remember that time GSCO was bugged , williams wrote a piece , saying it was a cafe next door to GSOC which was being spied on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I dont think much of Pat Kenny's budget sound effects... And I mean budget in terms of the effects, not in terms of the subject he was referring to.

Williams back again. Farewell.

Williams back again. Farewell.

He always sounds bitter and angry, he's a nasty piece of work alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

He always sounds bitter and angry, he's a nasty piece of work alright.

Not sure if is bitter and angry, or if he's just made the calculation that "bitter and angry" sells. My guess would be the latter. Really seems like he's mailing it in, every time I've heard him make a media contribution. And I use the word "contribution"... quite incorrectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

Pat won't have endeared himself to Mná na hÉireann this morning with his suggestion that mothers who don't work outside the home are swanning around having coffee.

Pat's giving the web summit a proper kicking...

Have to admit I went through Ballsbridge last year on a bus and it was chaos, so I understand where Paddy Cosgrove was coming from in terms of the traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Ex Mountjoy Governor John Lonergan on yet again - crime is fiished in Ireland according to him. This in response to the Govt. sending 25 (!) more gardai to the border region. I really despair. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ah Pinko Lonergan, the man who allowed crime and death to flourish in Mountjoy

a soft weak man who's failure to get tough allowed gangs to operate within the joy and who accepted drug use within the prison.

He should be treated with disdain by our media, but no, feted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

What's next Pat... A scientologist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Pat's visit to the 'Book Club' in Greystones made for cringeworthy
    listening. The ladies all giggling madly, delighted to have Pat in their midst! More talk about the crystal glasses, the wine and the delicious smell of cooking than the books!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Pat's visit to the 'Book Club' in Greystones made for cringeworthy
    listening. The ladies all giggling madly, delighted to have Pat in their midst! More talk about the crystal glasses, the wine and the delicious smell of cooking than the books!!
    Sure isn't that what all book clubs are like? A psuedo-intellectual cover allowing middle-aged middle-class women to get sloshed, dahling, while pretending to talk about books :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

serfboard wrote: »
    Sure isn't that what all book clubs are like? A psuedo-intellectual cover allowing middle-aged middle-class women to get sloshed, dahling, while pretending to talk about books :D

Perhaps that is the point Pat was trying to make? ;) You would almost feel sorry for those
    women, so silly did they sound! But, Pat had a grand time sitting comfortably on the couch among the adoring females!! :)

• Advertisement

That Dermot O'Neill bloke talking about plants is a great cure for insomnia. Do we really need a weekly spot from him, surely a movie review section or something else instead of that snooze fest.

Advertisement