Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 266 ✭✭Clive Bisquette

Freelance reporter on today talkin about the child abduction trial in Portlaoise....he was terrible....what bets he won't be used again ?

You could sense Pat's frustration...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Freelance reporter on today talkin about the child abduction trial in Portlaoise....he was terrible....what bets he won't be used again ?

You could sense Pat's frustration...

Agree, instead of being in anyway concise or insightful he was blathering on in what was going to be a short piece, the golden age of journalism is over, anyone can call themselves a "freelance journalist".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

This special show is a perfect microcosm of the issue with travelers in Ireland. Mainly bland liberal bleeding heart statements from the likes of Richard Boyd Barrett about how we need to do more to accommodate the needs of travelers. But anytime anyone suggests the travelers should take responsibility for something they are angrily shouted down by the traveler representatives on the panel. Until traveler leaders fight as strongly within their community for travelers to live up to their responsibilities as they fight for the settled community to accommodate traveler "rights" then the problems won't be solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

The hypocrisy from the Traveller representatives.

If the settled people say they dont want to live besides Travellers, then it's racism. If Travellers dont want to live beside other Traveller families, then it's incompatibilty!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

I would never have considered myself a "fan" of Ian O'Doherty, but you've got to admire his balls/moxy in being the only dissenting voice out of a panel of six people on what was rapidly becoming a love-in between the Somebody Think Of The Children Brigade, and Pavee Point.

And yes - they played the good ole reliable race card too.

• Advertisement

Ah ha. Fingal County Council just sent a detailed response listing the money (it seemed to be hundreds of thousands) they spent trying to maintain the halting site featured on yesterday's show, the ongoing damage being done by families on the site and the threats that have been made to workers entering the site to try and maintain it.

I'll bet Martin Collins and the others in Pavee Point won't be available for comment on that today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

Where was the site in fingal do you know? Theres a site nearby where i live that has work going on in it for months. There was originally houses built on the site but they were all burnt out. The sites full of rubbish and their horses run loose on land thats been opened to the public as a park. I heard part of the show yesterday and fair ****s to ian odoherty for having the balls to say what the vast majority of people think. Their "nomad" claims was some laugh and another excuse to claim "culture".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Avila Park at the top of Cappagh Road in Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

touts wrote: »
    Ah ha. Fingal County Council just sent a detailed response listing the money (it seemed to be hundreds of thousands) they spent trying to maintain the halting site featured on yesterday's show, the ongoing damage being done by families on the site and the threats that have been made to workers entering the site to try and maintain it.

I'll bet Martin Collins and the others in Pavee Point won't be available for comment on that today.

That was one long list!

touts wrote: »

Ha ha hah good point there poster.....why do the tree huggers and PC police or the MEDIA allow them get away with it.

Who has the courage to call these gimps and wasters out ?

• Advertisement

So the Web Summit are charging €20 for food but only paying the vendors €8 and at least one vendor has pulled out because he is losing money. The web summit lads are having a real PR nightmare this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 over_leveraged

I would never have considered myself a "fan" of Ian O'Doherty, but you've got to admire his balls/moxy in being the only dissenting voice out of a panel of six people on what was rapidly becoming a love-in between the Somebody Think Of The Children Brigade, and Pavee Point.

And yes - they played the good ole reliable race card too.

anyone got a podcast link for this debate , not on the newstalk website

• Registered Users Posts: 10 denisander

nice t-shorts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

anyone got a podcast link for this debate , not on the newstalk website

Try the pavee point website, there's a good classifieds section there also with bikes and household goods at bargain basement prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Try the pavee point website, there's a good classifieds section there also with bikes and household goods at bargain basement prices

Do they charge VAT?

Newstalk getting the lecture of all lectures from the pro choice woman here. Good to see finally somebody calling on their subjective, agenda driven broadcasting. Not that I agree with her completely on this particular issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Newstalk getting the lecture of all lectures from the pro choice woman here. Good to see finally somebody calling on their subjective, agenda driven broadcasting. Not that I agree with her completely on this particular issue.

It's the most biased and agenda-driven media outlet, bar none. Yesterday, Pat was bemoaning the fact that local authorities sold houses to tenants at lower than market value rates. Maybe he thinks that loan write-downs and discounted sell-offs should only be available to the rich elites of this country, such as Denis O'Brien?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

It's the most biased and agenda-driven media outlet, bar none. Yesterday, Pat was bemoaning the fact that local authorities sold houses to tenants at lower than market value rates. Maybe he thinks that loan write-downs and discounted sell-offs should only be available to the rich elites of this country, such as Denis O'Brien?

you have heard of liveline?

Agree, instead of being in anyway concise or insightful he was blathering on in what was going to be a short piece, the golden age of journalism is over, anyone can call themselves a "freelance journalist".

Sure they can ..but if they mess it up like him...they won't get many Radio Opportunities.

Yeah..some really great bargains to be had ...don't know how they can sell them at such knockdown prices:confused:

• Advertisement

Get up the yard McElvaney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Really enjoying this piece on Cork prison. It's interesting to get an insight into what life in an Irish prison is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jimceart

Good for her- every life is a gift from God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Jaysis Pat's giving Joe Duffy a run for his money on misery stories over the last few weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I see Robert Fisk the "jihadist" was on ..

*please take some irony with this ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I see Robert Fisk the jihadist was on ..

Glad I missed that:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Don't know what to make of this vaccine stuff ...
    Is it just bad luck, or is there genuine cause for concern ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

There were warnings about it in the US media before it was launched in Ireland. Many girls in the US had displayed similar symptoms to those of the girls now suffering here. IIRC, Mary Harney dismissed all those concerns at the time, something which quite shocked me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

I wouldn't have doubted anyone's claims until I saw that girls performance on RTE News this evening, seemed so scripted, contrived and false, had I want compo written all over it.

• Advertisement

Can believe nobody has commented on the segment on today with Natasha Fennell about confidence. Throughout the interview she kept referring to the fact that "confidence comes from knowing that you have the compUtence to do something". At first I thought she stumbled over her words, but many times she continued to use the word compUtence instead of competence. Pat didnt pick her up on it during the interview, presumably (I thought) cos it would have been just embarrassing for everyone.

However, after she had left, he read out a number of texts referring to her mistake and pointing out the irony of somebody who gives talking in confidence/competence who cant pronounce the word competence. In response, Pat passed it off by saying "I know a number of people who pronounce the word 'specific' as 'pacific', so maybe it's just one of those things". Shocking that the first time that Natasha Fennell finds out about this mispronunciation is on live radio.

Advertisement