Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Pat sounds a bit rough this morning.
    I guess he enjoyed the hospitality last night.
    Or he might have a cold.

In fairness I'd say he's pushing on through a bad cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Tom Clonan, Security Analyst and Anti Government campaigner.

Women are more vicious on social media than men. Is she gonna set up a similar organisation to protect men from women on social media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Women are more vicious on social media than men. Is she gonna set up a similar organisation to protect men from women on social media?

Men baaaaad. Women goooood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

Did Tom mention that he was in the Lebanon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Disability campaigner, done out of concern for his son.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

And self proclaimed expert:

Dr Tom ClonanTomClonan Feb 6
    I'm on @rtenews for impartial, expert analysis on Regency Hotel Shootings:Ireland's homicide by firearm rates v high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I'm on @rtenews for impartial, expert analysis on Regency Hotel Shootings:Ireland's homicide by firearm rates v high

AKMs

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AKM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Heartbreaking stuff listening to that woman who lost her Baby.

Whats he a Doctor of? UN Peace Keeping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Heartbreaking stuff listening to that woman who lost her Baby.

Indeed it was, but what was the point of broadcasting the story if no one is any the wiser as to who was responsible for the incompetence that was evident. Was it the midwives?,was it the doctors?, was it the surgeon who carried out the section?
    Are those who acted incompetently still practising as if nothing happened?

It's all too easy to blame hospital management, or the HSE, or the Minister for Health when things go wrong. In this case it is clearly the 'professionals' involved who are primarily responsible for the litany of errors.

I suppose the only conclusion anyone could come to is to avoid the Lourdes Hospital altogether if you are giving birth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Working full-time so can't listen to it anymore, podcasts on Newstalk android app are ****e, latest one is Monday 8th, wtf?

Edit: same on desktop site, what a joke, BBC stuff is available an hour later.

Ronan Keating should come with a warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Whatever about his music, he seems like a decent bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Wow talk about sour grapes.

Pat interviewing medical guy about hygene issues in hospitals (at about 11:10am).

Guy mentions thay you could go into any place (mistakenly says 'RTE' to Pat) and find mrsa.
    Pat jumps on it straight away and says 'oh I know RTE is infected in MANY ways....'.
    Im paraphrasing a little but thats the import of his statement.

That was a bit much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MLM never shuts up does she?

Mary Lou needs to actually answer a question, instead of continually saying "Let me answer that question.".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Mary Lou needs to actually answer a question, instead of continually saying "Let me answer that question.".

seems to be very effective, she implies she's being bullied, or harangued as aul Joan would say, by the interviewer or whoever is on with her and then she starts on that 'LET ME ANSWER' craic with real assertion and is basically bullying them into shutting up completely...she then gets tuppence worth in for a good minute totally unchallenged. it's getting old now though.

I may be getting older and more cynical but this entire campaign by every party is nothing short of patheticly embarrassing. I've followed a lot of it and not at one single point did I come close to feeling hmmm maybe I'll vote for them, this is coming from someone with absolutely zero party political allegiance and very open mind on voting for whoever I think will serve the country best.

Agree, I think it's been a poor campaign for everyone, but could be because I'm well jaded with it at this stage. I basically tuned out of it a week or two ago, didn't even bother with the leaders debates as I knew there'd be nothing to be learned from them.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I enjoyed that exchange if I'm honest. Neither Leo nor Mary-Lou are soft which made it quite lively. Look forward to seeing them on leaders debates in the future.

• Advertisement

Did somebody really just say "I think Savita Halipanavar would agree with that" in reference to a comment about the 8th amendment? That's a shocking liberty to take, assuming to know what a deceased woman would think because it makes your own views more popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Did somebody really just say "I think Savita Halipanavar would agree with that" in reference to a comment about the 8th amendment? That's a shocking liberty to take, assuming to know what a deceased woman would think because it makes your own views more popular.

I think you could presume that she might prefer to still be alive?? And if there hadn't have been confusion and lack of action resulting from the 8th amendment, she might well still be alive?

But I guess her husband would be in best position to know and he seemed fairly sure where the problem lay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Talk to me about your burglary, Twink

jesus ... Twink on the burglary again ?? !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

jesus ... Twink on the burglary again ?? !!!

They obviously didn't steal her ego?

She was out with the dogs ?

bit harsh on her daughters ... anyway

Calling a baby a bastard - yeah class act she is ..

WTF? Is the new form of advertising?

• Advertisement

WTF? Is the new form of advertising?

has twink done anything thats really news worthy in the last 30 years? apart from been constantly burgled and making dodgy phone calls

Advertisement