Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Did we ever find out what happened?

No, not a dickie bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Pat Kenny & Sean O'Rourke co-ordinating their days off again...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Pat Kenny & Sean O'Rourke co-ordinating their days off again...!

Are they having an affair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

OMG !!!

Did you hear the way that was just brushed off ?

Well done newstalk, show your man hating agenda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

OMG !!!
    Did you hear the way that was just brushed off ?
    Well done newstalk, show your man hating agenda

Exactly as above. When the text didnt fit their agenda Martina Devlin says "Go back to work Paul, and stop joking".

• Advertisement

Exactly as above. When the text didnt fit their agenda Martina Devlin says "Go back to work Paul, and stop joking".

Can you imagine if a male said that about a females txt about consent ?

ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Whoops! Grovelling apology by NT for Pat Kenny impugning solicitor Michael Staines.

That was a long apology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Who's doing this music bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Whoops! Grovelling apology by NT for Pat Kenny impugning solicitor Michael Staines.

Did Pat read it out himself, or did he get one of the drones to do it like Joe Duffy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

In what context did he impugn him?

If thats true about the IT system in AGS, it's an embarrassment and disgrace to Ireland, can't send attachments internally or externally! :eek:
    some stations with no access to the PULSE system!
    what!!! ?

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Did Pat read it out himself, or did he get one of the drones to do it like Joe Duffy?
    It was a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Pat Kenny just can't let IW go! Full of praise for Alan Kelly's 'performance' yesterday!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

brooke 2 wrote:
    Pat Kenny just can't let IW go! Full of praise for Alan Kelly's 'performance' yesterday!!

The people who paid ( more than people who didnt) are basically been told to go fcuk yourself. There are people rightly pissed about the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Pat Kenny just can't let IW go! Full of praise for Alan Kelly's 'performance' yesterday!! :(

Everybody on D.O.B FM sings from the same hymnsheet when it comes to Irish Water. You'll rarely hear a dissenting voice criticising the way it was set up or the shoddy way it's been run. Presumably they wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds - and Pat's listenership figures continue to fall so he's probably doubly pissed off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i did get a laught out of those listenership figs !

sean o rouke gettting 3 Times the audiecne for a third of the price of boomtime pat.

who'da though RTE would be the smart money ?

:D:D:D:D

The people who paid ( more than people who didnt) are basically been told to go fcuk yourself. There are people rightly pissed about the situation.

Were none of you pissed off at the cluster**** that was IW, or do you always
    pay for commodities many times over?

sean o rouke gettting 3 Times the audiecne for a third of the price of boomtime pat.

who'da though RTE would be the smart money ?

:D:D:D:D

Makes you wonder how much money RTE would have saved if Pat had
    jumped ship sooner! It is now evident that Pat's success was in large
    part due to the quality of researchers he had in RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Makes you wonder how much money RTE would have saved if Pat had
    jumped ship sooner! It is now evident that Pat's success was in large
    part due to the quality of researchers he had in RTE.

And to the sheer inertia of R1 listeners. I'd say a lot of them wouldn't even know how to 'move the dial'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭kazamo

And to the sheer inertia of R1 listeners. I'd say a lot of them wouldn't even know how to 'move the dial'...

Completely agree with that.
    Saw the results in Feb and Radio 1 programmes filled the top 18 slots in terms of listenership. So no matter whether its Ray Darcy, The Doc on One\Saturday sport, Playback or Sunday with Miriam they still have more listeners than any programme in any other radio station in the country.

http://www.thejournal.ie/jnlr-figures-irish-radio-2582346-Feb2016/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

All the more so because of Pat's over inflated sense of his own worth.
    Written by historian and RTE presenter John Bowman, the book Window and Mirror reveals that in the early Nineties, Pat Kenny, now the highest-paid presenter at the station, sensationally requested an audience with the RTE Authority to put his case for a pay rise.

The Authority was told by the station's director general Vincent Finn that Kenny "feels very, very strongly about the Gay Byrne thing. He does not like being number two and in many ways he believes he is better than Gay Byrne and there was all that kind of undercurrent to his attitude". [url] http://www.independent.ie/incoming/incoming_dailyfeed/kenny-thought-he-was-better-than-gaybo-26782508.html[/url]
    He(Pat Kenny) said that RTE had to "incentivise" its stars.

"I often wonder why there isn't the same fuss over the salaries paid to footballers like John O'Shea, earning more in three weeks than Marian Finucane earns in a year.

"There is a double standard there. These people put themselves on the line, they entertain the nation week in, week out, and yet they are paid a trivial amount compared to footballers."http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/were-paid-peanuts-compared-to-soccer-stars-says-pat-kenny-26678093.html

He left the Late Late Show, the figures went up. He left his radio show, the figures went up. When Ivan leaves the Breakfast Show, his Newstalk figures are going to take another hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Could you be anymore patronising? As one of those who did "move the dial" I moved it back again rapidly when I experienced the lack of quality discussion and the incessant adverts.

As has been pointed out a broadcaster is only as good as the back up team they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Callan57 wrote: »
    Could you be anymore patronising? As one of those who did "move the dial" I moved it back again rapidly when I experienced the lack of quality discussion and the incessant adverts.

As has been pointed out a broadcaster is only as good as the back up team they have.

Good riposte! However, as a radio listener for more years than I care to remember - a plague on all of them. The damn advertising has wrecked the wonderful listening experience that radio used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Alan Kely's 'performance' yesterday was like a 10 year old child reading out an essay he wrote for school over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Good riposte! However, as a radio listener for more years than I care to remember - a plague on all of them. The damn advertising has wrecked the wonderful listening experience that radio used to be.

I'd say that a good 45 to 50% of ads on RTE,are for RTE programmes. Beggars belief.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I'd say that a good 45 to 50% of ads on RTE,are for RTE programmes. Beggars belief.:(

It's the unending stream of crap Ads for medical, insurance and banking products that have me ripping the plug from the wall. Parasites. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Pat disappears in a puff of smoke?

Alex White saying that perhaps they should have gotten Revenue to collect the water charges!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,440 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Alex White saying that perhaps they should have gotten Revenue to collect the water charges!! :(

Would have ensured full payment and probably had a huge impact on protests (harder to chant "we won't pay!" when you are). Happened with the household charge - marches, protests, etc all died off.

Advertisement