Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Don't know about anyone else, but I thought Chris did a very competent job this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Don't know about anyone else, but I thought Chris did a very competent job this week.

Any time I hear Chris doing politics, the phrase "the puppet thinks he's a real boy" comes across my mind. It was a little silly of NT to move him in to what is meant to be an unbiased presenters role, given that the guy has opinions on everything. Him covering the Trump stuff through gritted teeth was fun though.

I would also be concerned about the morning show on NT. I just dont see any way that it can work. I bet they give it a year and then Yates will return.

I would also be concerned about the morning show on NT. I just dont see any way that it can work. I bet they give it a year and then Yates will return.

Yates has made more comebacks than Frank Sinatra so it wouldn't be any surprise if he came back to NT after his grand tour. That morning show line up looks like a complete dog's dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I bet they give it a year and then Yates will return.

Has consistently said he hates the super-early starts though. If he comes back I'd say it'll be at lunchtime (or drive if Chris & Sarah don't work out).

Has consistently said he hates the super-early starts though. If he comes back I'd say it'll be at lunchtime (or drive if Chris & Sarah don't work out).

That might interfere with his racecourse attendances though. Better to get work out of the way early in the morning. Leaves time for the more important things in life such as betting and boozing.

• Advertisement

The coverage of Hilary Clinton on NT is absolutely nauseating. Their are prepared to ignore everything she has done because she is a woman. Little or no reference to the fact that she has been given PRIVILEGE by the DNC so that she would get the ticket instead of Bernie Saunders. What happened to equality for men? And nothing mentioned about the fact that charges were not pressed against her for setting up her own email server in her house, putting the lives of many Americans at risk. For he nonchalent approach to national security alone the woman is not fit to be president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

The coverage of Hilary Clinton on NT is absolutely nauseating. Their are prepared to ignore everything she has done because she is a woman. Little or no reference to the fact that she has been given PRIVILEGE by the DNC so that she would get the ticket instead of Bernie Saunders. What happened to equality for men? And nothing mentioned about the fact that charges were not pressed against her for setting up her own email server in her house, putting the lives of many Americans at risk. For he nonchalent approach to national security alone the woman is not fit to be president.

Well, if I was an American - I'd damn well prefer Hilary Clinton to be in charge of these matters that an idiot like Trump. She may have made mistakes but then she's been involved in national politics there for many years. Wheras Trump appears clueless apart from an ability to insult and rile all & sundry.

Little or no reference to the fact that she has been given PRIVILEGE by the DNC so that she would get the ticket instead of Bernie Saunders. What happened to equality for men?
    What advantage was she given based on her gender?
    And nothing mentioned about the fact that charges were not pressed against her for setting up her own email server in her house
    I didn't hear the coverage today, but there is plenty mentioned of that. Every second report on Donal Trump seems to explicitly mention it, and it's been all over the news. She's no longer under investigation as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure what new information there is for Newstalk to discuss.

What advantage was she given based on her gender?

My point is that the only thing that seemed to matter to the female contributors was that she was a woman, Hilary was given a free pass on everything else purely because of her sex.

My point is that the only thing that seemed to matter to the female contributors was that she was a woman
    Well it's the first time in history that a major political party has nominated a woman to the Presidency.

It's even more newsworthy than the fact that a black man was nominated in 2008, seeing as how women make up 50% of the U.S. population.
    Hilary was given a free pass on everything else purely because of her sex.
    She gets plenty of criticism. Arguably some of it is because of her sex.

If this were the year of John McCain or Mitt Romney, I would seriously doubt Hillary's chances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

My point is that the only thing that seemed to matter to the female contributors was that she was a woman, Hilary was given a free pass on everything else purely because of her sex.

I didn't hear it today. The fact she is a woman is noteworthy because is the first female candidate ever.

In general the coverage here is mostly - Clinton is the least worst option of two very poor candidates for the US presidency. Which I would tend to agree with.

"I drank responsibly. I didnt spill a drop" ba dum tish!!

The sooner Newstalk tell John Drennon that is is no longer permitted to make attempts at comedy, the better it will be for everyone.

Pat is just adamant, he's not gonna call it Jameses :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Pat is just adamant, he's not gonna call it Jameses :pac:

Ha, was laughing at that too.

A teacher who cant pronounce the word Panacea correctly ?
    Pantsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

New segment on one-hit wonders kicked off today. Excruciating, because... as well as the usual bit of history/background, the original version of the hit isn't played. Instead, Paul "Eurovision 94" Harrington does a (to me, unrecognisable) cover of it accompanied by tinny electric piano.

And the irony of him doing a section called "One Hit Wonders"...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭Rambling Rake

I wasn't familiar with the song. Bit before my time. I like the idea but he didn't seem very well prepared and would prefer just listen to the original than a Harrington cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I wasn't familiar with the song. Bit before my time. I like the idea but he didn't seem very well prepared and would prefer just listen to the original than a Harrington cover?

I didn't recognise the tune at all. But I would have maybe expected to half-remember hearing it before if they'd played the original!

Plus the really long, strident snd annoying piano jingle intro, subsequently explained by the fact that yer man had his keys in the studio and it wasn't a pre-recording...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

New segment on one-hit wonders kicked off today. Excruciating, because... as well as the usual bit of history/background, the original version of the hit isn't played. Instead, Paul "Eurovision 94" Harrington does a (to me, unrecognisable) cover of it accompanied by tinny electric piano.

And the irony of him doing a section called "One Hit Wonders"...
    Just be thankful Harrington didn't start going on about how much he loves his wife.
    I nearly lost the will to live when he rocked up on Mooney a couple of years back whilst still in the "honeymoon period".

I dont think RTE should have Carruth covering issues about the IABA. He's too involved. Fair enough if he's commenting on the matches, but not when they are discussing Billy Walsh related issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I dont think RTE should have Carruth covering issues about the IABA. He's too involved. Fair enough if he's commenting on the matches, but not when they are discussing Billy Walsh related issues.

Absolutely not, when his brother is the main man at the IABA. He just comes across as an apologist for the regime and is losing whatever credibility he had IMO.

Pat Hickey arrested!!

Just wait for Pat Hickey's response after the police interrogation.

"I had an excellent meeting with the Brazilian Police".

Maintenant! Une leçon de français avec Lara Marlowe!

Boeuf, camembert, et Jacques Cousteau

*Gallic shrug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,953 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Maintenant! Une leçon de français avec Lara Marlowe!

Boeuf, camembert, et Jacques Cousteau

*Gallic shrug*

Really can't stand her whenever she is rolled out on Newstalk or Matt Cooper! The winey voice goes through me!

Long distance commuters? I'd say having John Drennon across from you cracking "jokes" doesnt make the journey any shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Long distance commuters? I'd say having John Drennon across from you cracking "jokes" doesnt make the journey any shorter.

I'd get out and walk :(

Sick and tired of hearing the old "ticket touting isn't illegal in Ireland" excuse. It's illegal in Brazil and that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Sick and tired of hearing the old "ticket touting isn't illegal in Ireland" excuse. It's illegal in Brazil and that's all that matters.

exactly

just more excuses from establishment Ireland. drug taking is legal in amsterdam, two guesses what happens if you open a hash "cafe" here.

whole thing seems to stem from a genuine shock that an insiders got arrested like some common scrote. considering the culture here i suppose i shouldnt be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Worst thing about John Drennan's gags is you can tell how pleased he is with himself after each one. He must think he is a gas man altogether.

• Advertisement

Worst thing about John Drennan's gags is you can tell how pleased he is with himself after each one. He must think he is a gas man altogether.

As I said before, I would have loved to listened to the satirical, sarcastic, monologue that John Drennon would have put together about "John Drennon leaving his permanent newpaper job to run Renua, and Renua get 0 seats in the election"... It's sort of a pity that you arent allowed to put together a satirical piece about yourself.

Advertisement