Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Worst thing about John Drennan's gags is you can tell how pleased he is with himself after each one. He must think he is a gas man altogether.

He's the typical pub bore that regulars avoid like the plague ... nobody thinks he's funny except himself.
    He might be interesting if he'd just stop with the incessant "incredibly clever witticisms" - I look forward to the day someone gives him a dig in the gob :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

What is causing all the background noise, muttering, breathing. I almost cant hear Gerard Howlin's monologues.

This wan is on again making assertions that Brazilian police initiated the call to Liveline last week, purportedly to "justify their actions". How does she know that this phone call was initiated by the Brazilian police, where is her justification for this assertion and why is she not being challenged on it.

I'm pretty sure the Brazilians dont care what the Liveline listeners think about how they carry out their arrests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

She's pretty infuriating. The family's solicitor? The whole attitude of 'The government should step in' is such gowl.

Pat had her rattled towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm not sure if she did Pat Hickey's case with the public here a whole heap of good.

The whole "this could be any of us in a case of mistaken identity" route would surely be stronger if there was a possibilty of mistaken identity applying to this case.

If that's the closest to "he's innocent" you have, it's time to confess, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭Rambling Rake

"This could be any one of us.." How exactly?

I know Pat is limited in what he can say about Hickey but he should've taken her up on such a stupid statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

sheep? wrote: »
    She's pretty infuriating. The family's solicitor? The whole attitude of 'The government should step in' is such gowl.

Pat had her rattled towards the end.

And can't you just imagine the jumping up and down the wigs would do if the role was reversed & the Brazilian Government attempted to intervene if one of their citiezens was on being questioned here. Interference with due process and separation of powers and all that sort of thing :rolleyes:

I see the IT has picked up on it, so here are some of the highlights:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/oci-s-pat-hickey-treated-worse-than-a-murderer-1.2771854

I dont think it's right that Pat Kenny talk about this case on the national airwaves, and speculate about what happened like a couple of old fishwives.

Oh, I'm sorry, but I did not love that one hit wonder slot.

Not at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I dont think it's right that Pat Kenny talk about this case on the national airwaves, and speculate about what happened like a couple of old fishwives.

Agreed. I know it's a big story and they can't just ignore it, but a lot of the media coverage is rather distasteful IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The whole "this could be any of us in a case of mistaken identity" route would surely be stronger if there was a possibilty of mistaken identity applying to this case.

Obviously, along with the whole "Butbutbut... he's an Irish citizen! How very dare they!" stuff it's an attempt to astroturf a bit of the ol' incoherent reactionary nationalism. If not dogwhistle racism. Which might be a feasible strategy if the traction it got were greater than Hickey's own deep unsympatheticness.

Was one of the family (or another spokesperson) recently quoted as saying something like "we just want to get him home"? Might as well just come right out and say "we feel he should get bail, as otherwise his prospects of doing a runner from the country are being unfairly limited."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭Rambling Rake

Do they employ scientologists to name private health care packages??

Seems like a useful segment for many but it's difficult to keep up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,444 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Do they employ scientologists to name private health care packages??

Seems like a useful segment for many but it's difficult to keep up.

The obscure naming is VERY deliberate. Its illegal to refuse a package to someone, so if you're making up a group scheme for a company you give it an insane name in the hope nobody outside the firm ever finds it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Show starts at 9am these days.
    and Enda Kenny is resurrected and given a soft interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

snubbleste wrote: »
    Show starts at 9am these days.
    and Enda Kenny is resurrected and given a soft interview

Thanks for tip off - good move by Newstalk to offer alternative to the 9-10am fare on RTE1 radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yup

VERY bad news for tubs as it got me all the way through to sean o rourke, with the option of sticking around if SOR is crap (or has MLOD on :) )

breakfast was bloody awfull though, i stood exactly 2mins of it before williams obnoxiousness turned me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭kazamo

yup

VERY bad news for tubs as it got me all the way through to sean o rourke, with the option of sticking around if SOR is crap (or has MLOD on :) )

breakfast was bloody awfull though, i stood exactly 2mins of it before williams obnoxiousness turned me off.

I lasted only a few minutes before I turned it off.
    Starting with the Rocky theme when The Odd Couple may have been more appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Yea, I'm faced with real dilemma. Williams is a mouth, worse than the Insomnia eejit, the potential increase in tolls is a tax item, the
    EC didn't invent it and businesses can claim it back.

The worst part of the changes is bringing boring Hook on instead of a proper news program.

My dilemma, how to avoid the wastes of space on RTE between 12 and 1 before I listen to the news.

Podcast, if you can. Great little things when you find one that you really like. Plus you have the advantage of being choosey with what you listen to.

Or music.

• Advertisement

This item is all over the place. This broker seems to think that the insurance companies owe her a living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

This union spoofer hasn't a clue on what drivers can and can't do. Just said it's not illegal for a bus driver to drive a taxi. It's illegal under tachograph regs if they've driven all day or week and meant to be on a rest period

Good job Pat is the one that is interviewing him. Didnt let him away with that "There was a private operator who was caught under the influence, that would never happen in Dublin Bus". Absolute nonsense it could happen to any operator on any morning.

I'm not sure it's appropriate for Pat to start trying to work out what went wrong live on the air. Could he not wait for the reports to be carried out, and leave the speculation to his kitchen table.

ffs, He's blaming the smokers now!!!! What evidence does he have for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

I'm not sure it's appropriate for Pat to start trying to work out what went wrong live on the air. Could he not wait for the reports to be carried out, and leave the speculation to his kitchen table.

Agreed. I'm surprised and disappointed at Pat, speculation isn't normally his thing.

I bet he was driving the white Fiat Uno that clipped off Princess Diana's car as well, wasn't he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I found his whole story pretty interesting.

Hmm. I thought Pat would be all over the Trump-Clinton debate.

Have I missed it?

Is Donal O'Shea talking about obesity bigger news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Alsop being given a free hand to big-up property prices. If you don't get on the property ladder now...... :rolleyes:

Advertisement