Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

sligojoek wrote: »
    The Jinx?
    That's it!... thanks very much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Drennan's take on what constitutes 'real politics' is telling. The Repeal the Eighth movement is "resolutely anti-politics and politicians, except for small parties like Labour, Social Democrats, AAA," and a long list of other elected representatives that he proceeds to reel off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

God, Lara Marlow's voice is hard to listen to first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

FYP

sligojoek wrote: »
    FYP

I was trying to be kind, Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I always find her reports informative. I'd prefer to listen to her than the breakfast show presenters who don't seem to have a "th" between them.

I dont know how Nevin manages it, but he gets more advertising time on radio stations and TV stations than most companies who actually pay for it.

I always find her reports informative.

She is a good reporter, but that has nothing to do with the point that I'm making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

I dont know how Nevin manages it, but he gets more advertising time on radio stations and TV stations than most companies who actually pay for it.

Is Nevin out of favour over in Montrose?

neris wrote: »
    Is Nevin out of favour over in Montrose?

No, he's always feeding Finucane of a Sunday as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Not as much as the advertorial for the Beacon Hospital the other day masquerading as the technology slot. I did find it interesting but it's wasn't led by journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

No, he's always feeding Finucane of a Sunday as well.

And he was on Lyric earlier ... he really has the multi-tasking down to a fine art :)

Callan57 wrote: »
    And he was on Lyric earlier ... he really has the multi-tasking down to a fine art :)

It's incredible. And he's a good guy, so I don't begrudge him it. But it's a huge advantage over the other people producing cook books and the like.

This nonsense about them using their own phones for work. EVERYBODY in private industry uses their own mobile phone (unless they are in sales) to organise their working hours and other work related stuff.

"Ask anybody, Sinn Fein are the real opposition".

Sinn Fein are the real opposition cos they didnt want to make themselves popular by being responsible for difficult decisions. That's what everybody on the street knows, and just in case you think that they are stupid, everybody on the street thinks that Gerry was in the RA as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,146 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This thread seems to do an incredible amount of skipping and jumping.
    It's impossible to follow at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭kazamo

Bill Clinton accepted the advances of Monica Lewinsky......ah here, will Bill the victim be the next narrative.
    Trump is a dangerous clown but painting the Clintons as whiter than white is disengious

Don't see what's so quirky about 'Kenny's Quirky Quiz'. Standard general knowledge multiple-choice format...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

Don't see what's so quirky about 'Kenny's Quirky Quiz'. Standard general knowledge multiple-choice format...
    Is it not "Kenny's Kwerky Kwiz"? That's, you know, hilarious ... :rolleyes:

serfboard wrote: »
    Is it not "Kenny's Kwerky Kwiz"? That's, you know, hilarious ... :rolleyes:

Had a look on the online component. Sample question:

What is the most common material on earth?
    a) Petrovkia,
    b) Water,
    c) Oxygen.

• Advertisement

I don't know why they have this Stephen Nultan (sp?) guy on. They may as well have a representative for the democratic party.

Never have a CCTV camera in your house, simply because it can be hacked? Is this guy for real? does he really think that most gangs are able to track down the IP address of your camera, then hack the software? Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Never have a CCTV camera in your house, simply because it can be hacked? Is this guy for real? does he really think that most gangs are able to track down the IP address of your camera, then hack the software? Ridiculous

You'd want to have a fair old stash to make it worth their while :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

A bit of a commercial presentation here for the developer of Cherrywood.

Pat is really serving his master, Denis, well today.
    All his negative talk against ASTI and his pro Govt comments might get him another pay rise without him having to threaten industrial action.
    What a condescending prat he is.

And you'll say the same for Sean O'Rourke and RTE also because they had someone talk against the ASTI just a few minutes ago. (edit: yes, I'm correct, you subsequently did exactly that.)

Have you explained yet as to where the money comes from to restore all the pay back to where it was at the height of the boom?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭kazamo

ThisRegard wrote: »
    A bit of a commercial presentation here for the developer of Cherrywood.

Similar on RTE atm

Yeah, listening to it at the moment. The lad couldn't have wished for better publicity, although the segment on Pat Kenny was a bit over the top, was there a need to Kenny to visit an apartment out there?

Yeah, listening to it at the moment. The lad couldn't have wished for better publicity, although the segment on Pat Kenny was a bit over the top, was there a need to Kenny to visit an apartment out there?

Developers are the Govt's friends and Pat works for another friend in DOB. It's all related.

• Advertisement

And you'll say the same for Sean O'Rourke and RTE also because they had someone talk against the ASTI just a few minutes ago. (edit: yes, I'm correct, you subsequently did exactly that.)

Have you explained yet as to where the money comes from to restore all the pay back to where it was at the height of the boom?

The taxpayer always pays.
    And the media is run by the Govt. BUT you know that.

Advertisement