Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭kazamo

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yeah, listening to it at the moment. The lad couldn't have wished for better publicity, although the segment on Pat Kenny was a bit over the top, was there a need to Kenny to visit an apartment out there?

Didn't hear Kenny's bit but visiting the apartment is inappropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Why is that Kate Hopkins being allow to give opinions on anything, can they at least not find an Irish person with knowledge of nothing but an opinions on everything. That’s two days now where I've had to turn over to 2FM because she has been on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think she's just there to earn a bit of cash via angry texts sent to the show. I switched back to Sean O'Rourke anyway as soon as she came on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

I'm sick to death of Newtalk giving these union blackmailers air time to further their lies and propaganda. EVERY morning they are given free reign to present their version of the facts without much challenge... "Five years ago Pat, the Government introduced an inequality, and all we're asking for is that new entrants get equal pay".... Five years ago the teaching unions didnt want to accept the reversal of some of the benchmarking gains, so they choose to inflict the cuts on the new entrants rather than take the cuts themselves.. That's what happened.. Pulled up ladder behind them was the most accurate metaphor I heard to describe it.

Pat said that "Being part of a union means that the worst teacher gets paid the same as the best teacher", to which the union guy said "but that's the same in every area of society". And Pat then AGREES with him. This is NOT true. In most private business, people are paid based on what they are worth to the company. I'm surprised that Pat would let him away with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I'm sick to death of Newtalk giving these union blackmailers air time to further their lies and propaganda. EVERY morning they are given free reign to present their version of the facts without much challenge... "Five years ago Pat, the Government introduced an inequality, and all we're asking for is that new entrants get equal pay".... Five years ago the teaching unions didnt want to accept the reversal of some of the benchmarking gains, so they choose to inflict the cuts on the new entrants rather than take the cuts themselves.. That's what happened.. Pulled up ladder behind them was the most accurate metaphor I heard to describe it.

Pat said that "Being part of a union means that the worst teacher gets paid the same as the best teacher", to which the union guy said "but that's the same in every area of society". And Pat then AGREES with him. This is NOT true. In most private business, people are paid based on what they are worth to the company. I'm surprised that Pat would let him away with this.
    I tuned in during the interview and I thought at first that Pat was talking to Dustin the Turkey. Then I realised my mistake.......Dustin would talk more sense.

• Advertisement

Pat on his high horse about Trump having led people down in business. Well Pat, at least he paid for any of the land he built on, and didnt just annex his neighbour's field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Pat on his high horse about Trump having led people down in business. Well Pat, at least he paid for any of the land he built on, and didnt just annex his neighbour's field.

Uh, not necessarily....http://www.ibtimes.com/what-eminent-domain-donald-trump-accused-stealing-land-elderly-widow-2297145

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The joke was on him in the end as he had to pay legal fees and a few million for the garden just before the crash. I suspect it's one of his financial reasons to work so many different avenues, Bewstalk, UTV, TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

"Hopefully the win by the Chicago bulls can inspire the Irish rugby team"

what if it inspires the other crowd, why are we so special?

* may not have been bulls

I wonder will the Obamas still be standing alongside Hilary when she's in court?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I wonder will the Obamas still be standing alongside Hilary when she's in court?

Task 1 is to make sure Trump doesn't win.

We can worry about Hilary later tbh. She may well be a thundering ****, but she's far less likely to cause nuclear winter or a surge in racial segregation and discrimination than Trump.

Very few people actually want Hilary as president. But faced with the alternative, most rational people recognise she's the lesser of two evils, so I'm pretty OK with the media bias tbh. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    We can worry about Hilary later tbh. She may well be a thundering ****, but she's far less likely to cause nuclear winter or a surge in racial segregation and discrimination than Trump.

Strange that, considering the recent rise in racial tensions and alleged police brutality against black people has occurred under Obama's watch.....
    And the further destabilisation in the Middle East and the migration crisis in Europe has occurred under Hillary's watch.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Strange that, considering the recent rise in racial tensions and alleged police brutality against black people has occurred under Obama's watch.....
    And the further destabilisation in the Middle East and the migration crisis in Europe has occurred under Hillary's watch.....

Obama has been a mediocre President. Hillary will likely be a terrible President if elected.

I'd still consider her better (or at the very least, less potentially destructive) than the openly racist caricature clown that's her opponent though.

This probably isn't the place to go into it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

alleged police brutality against black people
    Nice one. You obviously don't believe the "alleged" brutality then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

serfboard wrote: »
    Nice one. You obviously don't believe the "alleged" brutality then.

You obviously don't know me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Love the way Pat immediately copped the misspelling on the document that supposed print-media professional Paul Williams apparently failed to spot: "marshal law"

"The commissioner can post you anywhere Pat".

Pat, ask him how many of these conditions were not made absolutely clear to him when he AGREED to them and signed up to join the guards?

Pay scales for members of the force range from €25,745 to €45,793 for a garda; €46,229 to €53,119 for a sergeant; €53,404 to €59,178 for an inspector; €72,841 to €84,909 for a superintendent; and a chief superintendents enjoying a salary range of €87,259 to €104,457.

Superintendent wages seem to be pretty good all the same. Especially when you consider what pension they will get after a short enough career.

Pat is doing a great job with this squawking union fool. Never given a grind in his life, well he must be the only one.

Pat's point about the teacher not being brought in for training during the summer months is something that always baffled me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,146 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Pat is a company man.
    Denis owns the company.
    Denis owns the Govt.

Pat will give guff to whoever he's told to give it.
    Especially when he's not at his "land grabbing".

• Advertisement

This is Brendan "The bank losses will not be more than 5%" Keenan. He has no right to criticise the pollsters.

This is Brendan "The bank losses will not be more than 5%" Keenan. He has no right to criticise the pollsters.
    Can't believe the pompous fool has the nerve to comment on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

as much right as Jim "soft landing" Power and he's popping up all over the place of late (along with Bertie)

Pat: "Trump with his baby soft hands. He's never done a hard day's work in his life".

Says the man with the weather worn hands from the texture of those buttons and faders on his mixing desk. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Pat: "Trump with his baby soft hands. He's never done a hard day's work in his life".

Says the man with the weather worn hands from the texture of those buttons and faders on his mixing desk. :D

Wasn't Pat a duck farmer? :)

Callan57 wrote: »
    as much right as Jim "soft landing" Power and he's popping up all over the place of late (along with Bertie)
    Jim performed as badly or worse in the build up to the crash, but I at least concede he has the common decency to look and sound humiliated and broken.

The bold Brendan plows on regardless, I think he might actually be unaware of how much of a fool he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Pat's point about the teacher not being brought in for training during the summer months is something that always baffled me.

It's not baffling to someone in the public service at all. Its called rights , privileges and the shortest working year (& no. of teaching days/year) in the OECD, leading to piss poor students coming in 3rd last in the OECD. (in numeracy, literacy,etc) Benchmarking how are you!?

I wouldn't mind only 20 years ago Irish students used to be some of the best in the OECD. So we have progressively paid our half present teachers more and more while they produce students who are worse and worse. Fair going!!!

p.s. Also, it still rankles with me that school principals who are members of the ASTI, refused to organise substitute supervisors when the ASTI teachers succeeded in shutting down schools in Ireland earlier this week. This is not on. They are there to manage schools. IMHO they should be subject to disciplinary measures which would include demotions for their deliberate dereliction of their duty to their school & it's pupils!!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Ayuntamiento

I really love Pete the vets slot but it's always way too short. I could listen to him for 10 times longer than that awful nasal child psychologist on Moncrieff. I feel like they bring Pete on to encourage a flurry of questions by text (with all the revenue that accrues to them) and he only gets a chance to answer one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

I really love Pete the vets slot but it's always way too short. I could listen to him for 10 times longer than that awful nasal child psychologist on Moncrieff. I feel like they bring Pete on to encourage a flurry of questions by text (with all the revenue that accrues to them) and he only gets a chance to answer one or two.

Yeah Pete is ok, but that child psychologist on Moncrieff is absolutely brilliant. I could listen to him for hours solving kids& their parents issues , and I don't even have kids!! Go figure, I just love his gravitas, manner and no nonsense attitude. I guess it's a matter of taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

daithi7 wrote:
    Yeah Pete is ok, but that child psychologist on Moncrieff is absolutely brilliant. I could listen to him for hours solving kids& their parents issues , and I don't even have kids!! Go figure, I just love his gravitas, manner and no nonsense attitude. I guess it's a master of taste.

As long as its the American guy. He's had a few stand ins recently...

Advertisement