Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund To Cancelled Visa Debit Card

Options
  • 31-07-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

My husband paid for something online a couple of months ago which he returned and the company are trying to refund the payment.

However in the meantime, the card used for this transaction appeared to be compromised and we therefore took the decision to cancel this card and obtain a replacement.

He spoke to BOI Customer Service the other day who told him that he would have to give the company his new card details.  The company are saying that they have to make the refund to the original card for security reasons.

We are now stuck between a rock and a hard place!  The refund in question is, to us, a substantial amount and we would like it back in our account.

Where do we go from here?  Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Mollywolly wrote: »
    My husband paid for something online a couple of months ago which he returned and the company are trying to refund the payment.

However in the meantime, the card used for this transaction appeared to be compromised and we therefore took the decision to cancel this card and obtain a replacement.

He spoke to BOI Customer Service the other day who told him that he would have to give the company his new card details.  The company are saying that they have to make the refund to the original card for security reasons.

We are now stuck between a rock and a hard place!  The refund in question is, to us, a substantial amount and we would like it back in our account.

Where do we go from here?  Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Hi Mollywolly,

I have sent you a private message regarding this query.

Thanks

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Hi Mollywolly,

I have sent you a private message regarding this query.

Thanks

Seán
    Thanks Sean, have replied to your pm.

Advertisement