Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mint leaves

Options
  • 31-07-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

We are having a party in a house next weekend and the we plan on making alot of mojitos for up to 40 or 50 people. Can anyone tell me where I could get them in a big quantity in Cork or even Dublin as someone could collect and bring them down for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

homer1982 wrote: »
    We are having a party in a house next weekend and the we plan on making alot of mojitos for up to 40 or 50 people. Can anyone tell me where I could get them in a big quantity in Cork or even Dublin as someone could collect and bring them down for me.

Check out the Asian shops. Most sell large bunches of mint coriander and parsley.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

Contact southern fruits and buy a box at wholesale .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Got mine recently from O'Hanlon herbs, based in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

usually they are cheaper by the plant- Tesco is usually 1.79 for plant versus- 1.59 for a smaller bag... and they don't wilt and go manky!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'd second Tesco as well. Mojitos for 50 people wouldn't require huge amounts of mint so I reckon just buy some plants in Tesco and you can always replant what you don't use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The plants are also available in Aldi and Lidl, for 1.49 I think. You can keep the plants for weeks and even getting them to grow more leaves by keeping them on your kitchen windowsill and putting the pot they come in into another pot with no holes at the bottom and putting an inch of water in the outer pot every other day. Of course you could also plant them out in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Pang wrote: »
    Got mine recently from O'Hanlon herbs, based in Wicklow.
    all_smilz wrote: »
    usually they are cheaper by the plant- Tesco is usually 1.79 for plant versus- 1.59 for a smaller bag... and they don't wilt and go manky!
    Merkin wrote: »
    I'd second Tesco as well. Mojitos for 50 people wouldn't require huge amounts of mint so I reckon just buy some plants in Tesco and you can always replant what you don't use

O'Hanlon supplies Tesco herbs range. you might know someone that grows mint too, it's a weed in most gardens were the gardener made the mistake of planting it directly in the soil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

And Asian/Middle Eastern shop will sell a huge bunch for about a euro.

Far cheaper than any supermarket.

Advertisement