Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatapp msg from Jim Balsamic CEO of Whatapp?

Options
  • 31-07-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Did anyone receive a msg from Whatapp stating to forward this message onto 10 or more people or you be charged 25euros etc etc?? is this a scam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

it appears to be a hoax-google jim balsamic for further details..

daithi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I'm still surprised that people fall for these chain hoaxes.

Anything asking you to forward to other folk is usually a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭28064212

SamHall wrote: »
    I'm still surprised that people fall for these chain hoaxes.

Anything asking you to forward to other folk is usually a scam.
    Usually? There has never, ever been a communication from anybody official that asked you to forward anything.

Apart from that one time where Bill Gates was giving everyone $100

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

DonFred wrote: »
    Did anyone receive a msg from Whatapp stating to forward this message onto 10 or more people or you be charged 25euros etc etc?? is this a scam?

What do you think? I would have thought the 25euros gave it away.

Advertisement