Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips 42 PFL 8404 and Netflix.

• 31-07-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Quick one hopefully. Can you connect to Netflix via the Net TV function on the above tv? And if so.....how?!!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Not a chance! I bought that exact model in Sept 2009 and the last s/w update was July 2010.The NetTV function is a disaster, YouTube is just about usable but that's it.

If you want NetFlix, wait for the new Google ChromeCast dongle ($35 in the US, already sold out) or buy an entry-level Samsung or Sony Blu-Ray player.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

coylemj wrote: »
    Not a chance! I bought that exact model in Sept 2009 and the last s/w update was July 2010.The NetTV function is a disaster, YouTube is just about usable but that's it.

If you want NetFlix, wait for the new Google ChromeCast dongle ($35 in the US, already sold out) or buy an entry-level Samsung or Sony Blu-Ray player.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/

Thanks coylemj, bought Nov. 2009 myself but only opened Net Tv option yesterday for the first time. Assumed I was doing something wrong such was the response rate I was getting, glad to see it wasn't wholly me!

The Google ChromeCast done looks the biz. Will definitely try and get one. Assume they won't be geo-locked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Google ChromeCast done looks the biz. Will definitely try and get one. Assume they won't be geo-locked?

Don't know, none have been sold here yet, Amazon UK says no supply until Aug 9th and the only vendor selling them on Amazon UK is asking £99.99 from 'early adopters'.

You'll need a PC to feed the video to the ChromeCast so the best option for you might be to buy a Blu-Ray player which has network capability, the modern ones will support NetFlix but make sure not to buy an obsolete model that's on offer at a 'special' price because they need to be recent models to support NetFlix.

If you see a model you like, check out the reviews on the web and make sure that it supports Netflix, don't go by the logos on the box or what the sales guy tells you.

Advertisement