Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm - Text dialler not working with SMS?

Options
  • 31-07-2013 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I have a HKC alarm with a text dialler, I can usually text it to set it or disarm it, this stopped working yesterday.
    I have reset the alarm, removed battery and turned off at mains, I got a text from it saying alarm fault however it isn't texting me when the alarm goes off.
    I sent a SMS log and that also came to me.
    I have checked the sim and it is working fine, no pin code, has credit on it.

Any ideas what would be wrong and how I can get it working again?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

mobrien2 wrote: »
    I have a HKC alarm with a text dialler, I can usually text it to set it or disarm it, this stopped working yesterday.
    I have reset the alarm, removed battery and turned off at mains, I got a text from it saying alarm fault however it isn't texting me when the alarm goes off.
    I sent a SMS log and that also came to me.
    I have checked the sim and it is working fine, no pin code, has credit on it.

Any ideas what would be wrong and how I can get it working again?
    Thanks.

Sounds like an issue with the unit itself if no setting where changed.
    What was the alarm fault it sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mobrien2

It said mains fault because I disconnected the electricity.
    It seems to be delayed it just turned on there a while ago after me texting it an hour previous. Maybe there's just a delay in it?

It said mains fault because I disconnected the electricity.
    It seems to be delayed it just turned on there a while ago after me texting it an hour previous. Maybe there's just a delay in it?

Sounds more like an issue with the signal the GSM is getting. Have you tried a different sim in the unit?

I. Set the alarm off by the panel, pressed *# together and it text me to say it was going off, it also text me then to say it had been unset.

Still not working with text commands from phone though, I usually text it xxxx arm a or xxxx disarm. These ones aren't working.

If I change the sim in it do I have reset all the numbers that are programmed into it?

• Advertisement

If I change the sim in it do I have reset all the numbers that are programmed into it?

No, as the system will hold all this information. All you do is down power the GSM and install the new sim. Making sure the sim lock is off.

Ok will try that now thanks

Ok will try that now thanks

Let us know how you get on.

No that didn't work either. I had to set the alarm off again after turning the power off and there was a delay in the message saying user unset, still not arming thru text though.
    Oh wait it just did. 5 mins after I sent the text. So must be as you said a delay in the signal.

Thanks for your help :)

No that didn't work either. I had to set the alarm off again after turning the power off and there was a delay in the message saying user unset, still not arming thru text though.
    Oh wait it just did. 5 mins after I sent the text. So must be as you said a delay in the signal.

Thanks for your help :)

I would try a different network sim as that seems to be the issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement