Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeater Activity in Cork ?

Options
  • 31-07-2013 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi ,

I bought a mobile 2m / 70cm transceiver , and have programmed in the Cork repeaters.

There appears to be lots (and lots) of silence ....have only heard a couple of transmissions.

Am I missing something or is nothing happening on the Cork airwaves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

what did you buy and are you able to access these repeaters? how far are you from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Michael_Myers

martinsvi wrote: »
    what did you buy and are you able to access these repeaters? how far are you from them?

as a start, I bought a cheap beofeng and mag mount antenna for the car . Can access the repeaters no problem, but no activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭coolerhash

Was on the cork rep 2 days ago and all I get is interference when I try to have a QSO with someone so I don't bother with the cork rep anymore just use the helvic head one 145.675

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Yes the Helvick Head one is good for Cork City and surrounds even from a cheap handheld.
    I have used a Wouxun handheld into that repeater no problem.
    More info HERE
    Map of Helvick coverage HERE
    Listing of IRTS Repeaters HERE

Advertisement