Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maths grinds waterford?

Options
  • 31-07-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

as above. Im starting in WIT in sept as a mature student and trying to learn maths myself to be ready but i need to be shown stuff to learn it for now. need grinds once maybe twice a week for the next 4/5 weeks. please only people who are excellent at giving them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

WIT have a maths center on main campus where you can go get help with all your adding and subtracting needs for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Don't forget to use your fingers and toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

What course are you going into?

Theres lots of different types of Maths depending on course. Financial, Engineering, Software etc..

They are all completely different and you would be best to find out what math are involved and concentrate on them.

Would be a smart idea to make a strategy for passing the test finding out what each topic is worth.

PM me if you want and i might be able to get past papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

WIT have a maths center on main campus where you can go get help with all your adding and subtracting needs for free.

I wouldn't rely on this. Because of budget cuts, it was the last 2 or 3 weeks of Semester 2 before this got up and running last year. I doubt there's any guarantee that it'll be running again next year from the get go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

fozz10 wrote: »
    as above. Im starting in WIT in sept as a mature student and trying to learn maths myself to be ready but i need to be shown stuff to learn it for now. need grinds once maybe twice a week for the next 4/5 weeks. please only people who are excellent at giving them.

You can use the services available to you in college once you get there. But you are doing the right thing getting ready for college before it starts. I can give you a hand, PM me if you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement