Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxis in Youghal - Fare

Options
  • 31-07-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Being told its a fixed €4 around the town, is that per person or if 2 people got in together, is it €4 + €1 for extra passenger, if all going to same place of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭homer.j

Nope, €4 per person even if you are all going to the same place.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Should order one each then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭thebishop

homer.j wrote: »
    Nope, €4 per person even if you are all going to the same place.:mad:
    Dont think thats legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

It's per person and been that way as long as we've been using them. I think it's quite legit - as far as I know there are different kinds of taxi licences.

But it so annoying. It puts me off using taxis there. I think the €4 is more than enough for the journey we need to make when we use them - but €8 for the 2 of us is very annoying and I don't consider it good value.

Even more annoying for me is the state of the taxis - any I've seen are rattly vans!

I spend a lot of time in the town and I love the town, this issue with the taxis has been my one gripe over the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

if it's a taxi it will have a big yellow sign on the roof saying "TAXI" surprise surprise...

If it has a taxi sign on the roof then they are not legally allowed to charge more than the meter shows and unless pre-agreed the fare must be calculated using the meter.

If it's a hackney then they can charge what they like when they like as long as they tell you in advance.

If it's a hackney then you should be booking them in advance ( legal requirement for a hackney ) if it's a taxi then you can stick your arm up and hail one

http://transportforireland.ie/taxi/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Thought you guys were getting a great deal with a fixed fare, greaaat if your on your own.

Do any 'taxis' down there have the new signage on their doors.

TAXI_zpsfa8b4545.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

There are one or two vehicles with the Taxi sign on the door, the rest of the ones in town are hackney cabs and as someone mentioned they have to be prebooked. It's €4 per person, most let young kids travel free with the parent but older kids would also be €4

Advertisement