Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Guy on route to surf Ireland??? where to go??

Options
  • 31-07-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

sounds stupid but Been surfing Hossegor in france last 8 years, devon before that, heading to Ireland in a week for a few weeks but never really surfed my homeland, hittin cork, clare area, then back to france, hossegor after that so can even give someone a lift down if they want. So if there any friendly surfers who wanna have a surf let me know. I ride a 9'5" balsa heavy beast, robert august sabre, and a phil grace,
    I hear ireland actually got some sun this summer, ho bizarre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

There is a whole bit of coast line between Cork and Clare you missed, Brandon by in kerry can be sweet. With mostly SW winds Sligo gets more than it's fair share of off shore winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 linnanea

stampee wrote: »

Ireland got a Summer, and a few days of surf here and there too!!!

Sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

stampee wrote: »
    sounds stupid but Been surfing Hossegor in france last 8 years, devon before that, heading to Ireland in a week for a few weeks but never really surfed my homeland, hittin cork, clare area, then back to france, hossegor after that so can even give someone a lift down if they want. So if there any friendly surfers who wanna have a surf let me know. I ride a 9'5" balsa heavy beast, robert august sabre, and a phil grace,

9'5" are you f@ckin serious? what kind of surfing exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 linnanea

lufties wrote: »

What kind of surfing? At a guess, I would say it's this new fad known as "longboarding".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

linnanea wrote: »
    What kind of surfing? At a guess, I would say it's this new fad known as "longboarding".

oh right, it doesn't look half as interesting as being thrown around the atlantic with a 7'2" mini mal :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

oh right, it doesn't look half as interesting as being thrown around the atlantic with a 7'2" mini mal :)

You need to watch some more long boarding :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

If you have a bodyboard and fins you might consider bringing them along...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stampee

sorry yeah its called a long board. 9'5 yeah shes a big beast, ya might not be able carry it to the water and to be honest shes probably to much girl for you to handle. but hey shes very well behaved in the water so I like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

You might want to try the 'LongboardIreland' website, just google it and sign up, there are lads on that forum who can help you out.

The level of knowledge here is weak, it's a beginners forum really.
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~longboardireland/new/

Despite the good weather, waves have been piss poor this Summer, (not unless you have a longboard for those one or two unexpected sessions), everyone just waiting for the North Atlantic hurricane season to kick into full swing now....be Happy Days again!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MACtic

Not only you need to register on some Yuku, you also need to apply for membership............
    is this some posh club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Go where ever the swell hits, general rule of thumb as follows

Southerly/south westerlyswells easterly winds kerry/Clare/Mayo
    Southerly/south westerlyswells southerly winds kerry
    Southerly/south westerlyswells northerly winds Cork
    Westerly swells southerly winds Sligo/Donegal
    Westerly swells easterly winds Sligo/Donegal

Check wams daily

Advertisement