Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recently switched to UPC - iolfree email won't send

Options
  • 31-07-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I recently switched to UPC for broadband and since then my iolfree.ie email won't send emails (it will receive them.) I use Windows Live Mail as my email programme.

I've switched the outgoing mail to smtp.upcmail.ie but no joy.

Keeps asking me to login to iolfree - I've never had to do this before. When that eventually fails I get this message;

Unable to send or receive messages for the Iolfree (mjkeane) account. The operation was canceled by the user.

Server: 'pop.iolfree.ie'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC17
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 110
    Secure(SSL): No

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭whizbang

Server: 'pop.iolfree.ie'
    - are you sure this is correct. ?

this is the bones of the issue:
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC17

google account settings and double check, disable firewall and virus scanners for testing.

Have you added any new cleaner programs recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

You have to change the outgoing SMTP server to UPC's. The details should be on the UPC website. To prevent spamming ISP's won't send emails other than through their own server from their own customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

Thanks guys for the suggestions but I have it fixed.

I already had the upc smtp entered.

I unticked the outgoing server needs authentication and this change has fixed it.

Advertisement