Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 product key help.

Options
  • 31-07-2013 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hows it going, i had to reinstall windows 7 home premium a while back and now its asking me to activate it again, but the problem is the product key underneath my laptop is now unreadable, i can sort of make it out if i hold my laptop up to the light but some characters are unreadable, does anybody know how i can get my product key or a spare product key without having to purchase a licence again?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

There should be a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) with the documentation of your laptop. Alternatively, contact the customer service of the manufacturer, they might be able to identify your license from the serial number. If you don't have the CoA and the sticker with the serial number ain't readable either, you're SOL

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Google 'Windows 7 key recovery'. There are a number of apps that you can use to recover the product key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Got it sorted lads, thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

I tried both methods above but didn't work so i activated by phone instead. Its automated.

Scroll down for instructions by phone

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows7/activate-windows-7-on-this-computer

Advertisement