Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lack of customer service: carphone warehouse

• 31-07-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

On the 19th of july I went into the Carphone warehouse, Grafton street branch in order to ask advice regarding my iphone 4s. My WiFi was not working and since the phone was only 7 months old (insurance replacement), it was still under warrantee so the customer service rep recommended that I send the phone way to be fixed. Since I am traveling on the 4th of August, I asked how long this would take, I was told 5 -10 working days. Satisfied with this I sent my phone off. On the 29th of July, I went in the store to be told that the phone is not yet back.

I then called in on the 31st, to find out that the phone was not fixed because there was a chip on the screen of the phone (This was not there when the phone was handed in). This was very annoying since I had been to carphone warehouse stores twice asking about my phone. I was then told that I basically had two choices:

1. Take the phone back more broken than when I gave it to be fixed. With this option, carphone warehouse would take no more responsibility with regards to the chipped screen
    2. Leave the phone with them for possibly another 28 days and hope my phone is returned fixed

Needless to say neither of these options are good enough. After being initially promised my phone back within 10 working days, I will possibly now be without a phone for another month. This is not good enough especially since the reason for the delay has got nothing to do with me. When I handed in the phone to carphone warehouse the phone was their responsibility and they should therefore give me a replacement iphone or similar while the situation is being sorted from their side.

After explaining this to the manager, my situation fell on very unsympathetic ears. He offered very little explanation and was very defensive.

I left the store feeling extremely frustrated and with no resolution.

A very disappointed customer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ok but what has that got to do with Apple Media Devices forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hey OP, you might be better posting this in Consumer Issues. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Didn't we get one a while ago about a lady who purchased a pram via social welfare, and wanted to know if she could sell it second hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

There should be a sticky.

ALWAYS TAKE YOUR APPLE PRODUCTS DIRECTLY TO APPLE..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 karolinemary

I know, I sent it to Apple last time. Apparently, the company carphone warehouse uses is approved by apple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I know, I sent it to Apple last time. Apparently, the company carphone warehouse uses is approved by apple.

There is no company in Ireland approved by apple to repair iPhones. Did you get the phone replaced 7 months ago and when did you buy the original one?

Really! Do mind me asking how you know this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Really! Do mind me asking how you know this?

If there was apple would list them on the support site. https://locate.apple.com/ie/en/

If you call apple support they will also tell you the same thing.

Thank you for that!

• Site Banned Posts: 11 Cyber735

Oh didn't realize!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Well was the last time not a lot quicker than the time cph needed? Are you also aware that you can get an advance replacement option with apple direct? Used it this week, rang apple on Tuesday (sleep button didnt work) had a new phone delivered the next day and the old one taken back. This option cost €29. You can do it free if you don't mind waiting, still would be a lot quicker than any shop. Like someone wrote earlier, any warranty related problem; deal with apple direct regardless where you got the phone.

Edit-
    As for what to do now (if you can't work it out with cph) you could try apple. You say the chip is barely noticeable (edit; i realised you didnt say that, but maybe it is) so they may let you away with it but its a risk to take. Don't take the advance replacement option in this case because if they don't let you away with it you will be charged for the repair (up to around €211 for a 4s). If you send it in and wait apple will let you know if there's a charge or not and give you the option to have it fixed or retuned. Btw you say it's still under warranty but you better check that first, it's not uncommon for insurance companies to send you a refurbished phone so you won't have the full warranty period (if you enter you imei online with apple it will show if under warranty). Did you get the phone new in a sealed apple box with new charger etc or just the phone?

hey thanks for your advice but unfortunately I can not get my phone back from cpw until they investigate the incident (unbelievable I know).
    Huge lesson learnt though! Never have anything to do with carphone warehouse. Horrible to deal with! Surprised apple allows them to deal their products!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

hey thanks for your advice but unfortunately I can not get my phone back from cpw until they investigate the incident (unbelievable I know).
    Huge lesson learnt though! Never have anything to do with carphone warehouse. Horrible to deal with! Surprised apple allows them to deal their products!

Tell them if they dont sort out your issue you're gonna send off an email for the attention of Jim Whelan. That will get the managers ass in gear to investigate the issue. Sounds like the sales person was playing catch with your phone after you handed it into them.

Advertisement