Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fan Oven not heating evenly

• 31-07-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Has anyone any ideas on how I can cook several shelves of baking or cooking without having to switch around the food into different levels to cook everything evenly.

For instance, should the drip tray remain at the bottom of the oven at all times, or is this blocking the heat from coming up through the oven, because I understand that the elements are at the top and bottom of the oven,

The make and model of the oven is Whirlpool AKZM 768.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I have a fan oven (not Whirlpool) and the owner's manual has detailed instructions on how to position one, two or three items when using the fan to heat, including which shelves to use and how to align rectangular dishes.

Check the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Thanks coylemj, but the manual I got with the oven is really basic, and very lacking in any practical advice; it names all the parts, and lists the shelf positions for various dishes, but rarely with more than 1 item cooking at a time.

When I have 3 trays of cupcakes, for instance, I have to keep giving them turns on the top tray in order to cook them all evenly.

I had a fan oven for 25 years, and never had to do that ever! The elements in my old oven were at the sides, and in this new oven they are at the top and bottom, but I thought that the fan would spread the heat better. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

cold case going by the model no you have a multifunction oven and you are setting it on the conventional oven setting, refer to the manual to set it up on fan oven setting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭phormium

I had a whirlpool multifunction oven for years and never managed to bake several trays of buns without switching around. I bought it based on the claims that it was the bees knees for bulk baking, it wasn't! I complained regularly and even sent pictures of the dud buns to Whirlpool, also asked had they a person who would come and bake a batch in my oven and show me how it baked evenly, needless to say they could not provide this. In fact I found it baked better without the fan on as the fan seemed to literally blow the mix over the edge of the tins. Gave up eventually and just put up with it until it broke. Like you the previous oven I had had side elements and i had no problem with it. The new one I have now is a Bosch and while working fine stuff still needs switching around to bake evenly. I would love one of those fancy ovens they have on Cupcake Wars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Thanks for that advice, red ace and phormium, I an definitely setting the oven on convection, not convention. But maybe I will try without the fan next time I am baking. It's a real pain constantly having to switch around the trays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement