Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland QF

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭

My God, I came here to troll expecting to find a thread on the QF with Donegal but ye are all a bunch of heathens :D

Anyhow, regardless of the bookies I still fancy Donegal to progress to the semis :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

muffler wrote: »
    My God, I came here to troll expecting to find a thread on the QF with Donegal but ye are all a bunch of heathens :D

Anyhow, regardless of the bookies I still fancy Donegal to progress to the semis :)

Sweeet Jebus, you came into the pit of the beast and expect to return intact :D

Nah, Jimmy whinging matches will be a sad boy on Sunday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

You see, here in Mayo we have learned to replicate the Kerry non-chalance.

You might see a thread about GAA when we get the Final.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

yop wrote: »
    Sweeet Jebus, you came into the pit of the beast and expect to return intact :D
    I can take it ;)

Kerry? Who are they?

Bless! There are still optimists in this world :D

Anyhows I think it will be a tight game but Donegal to shade it by a couple of points. Lacey will start for us and word has it that Mark McHugh may be fit again but personally I cant see it.

Ant injury worries on the Mayo side?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Ant injury worries on the Mayo side?
    Aye. Worried that if Lacey and McHugh aren't fully fit we won't get a decent challenge in the game on Sunday. ;)

Mayo will be missing a few, but all guys that have been out a while or at least we've known they'd be out for a while. Touch wood.

Personally the biggest worry is over Cafferkey (not good seeing him go off so often with the niggles, but playing superbly while is in there to be fair), so fingers crossed all goes well for Ger and he can put in his best for the full 70 at the weekend.

It'll be a close one and toss of a coin between them. Both head and heart agreeing that Mayo should shade it by a couple of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I have to say i agree with this sensible and well thought out post. Whoever this guy is he seems to know his stuff and I have to support him...
    Aye. Worried that if Lacey and McHugh aren't fully fit we won't get a decent challenge in the game on Sunday. ;)

It'll be a close one and toss of a coin between them. Both head and heart agreeing that Mayo should shade it by a couple of points.

wait is this the cuckoos nest? :p

In serious news, local graveyard mass is at 3pm again this year so its gonna be a nightmare to make it to the pub in time. Last year the priest mentioned how everyone was in a rush to get home and the proceeded to thank EVERYONE it seemed in his phonebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Jimmy's done winnin matches! :D

Well I for one am looking forward to the game which should be very keenly contested. Lets hope Mayo dont resort to the "physical extremities" used at the final last year.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well I for one am looking forward to the game which should be very keenly contested. Lets hope Mayo dont resort to the "physical extremities" used at the final last year.

As long as they follows Jimmys example I will be happy

The best actor award went to????? :pac:

The best actor award went to????? :pac:

McGuinness got the award for his role of the "Best Drama Queen" in the series "Monaghan roughed us up", Gallagher also won an award for "supporting role" in the series "Its not fair, they are in collusion" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Possibly a quiet dry sherry when we beat Donegal, then prayer and reflection for the next match

As long as they follows Jimmys example I will be happy

looked fair to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Reckon Mayo will do it.

Donegal don't have the look of a team that could dominate for a few years in the same way the likes of Kerry / Tyrone used to. Additionally, with Jimmy off to Celtic, the players won't be playing for him with the same intensity he is capable of instilling.

Still, you never know what will happen on the day.

and 2 replacements on the Mayo side from their last outing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Revenge is on mayo minds as I was talking to one of the starters during the week. My one worry is the mayo goalkeeper. He is 3rd choice for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Try the Mayo GAA Discussion thread in the GAA forum, a non-Galway troll would be a breath of fresh air!

Come Sunday the only Jimmy that'll be winning matches is Jimmy Horan!

irishgeo wrote: »
    He is 3rd choice for a reason.
    He was never a 3rd choice keeper. He was always a 2nd choice behind David at worst or was 1st choice for the 2011 campaign, until he excused himself from the panel due to work commitments.

Clarkie is a phenomenal keeper and is a loss, but Rob is one hell of a ringer to be able to bring in to replace him and Ken.

He was never a 3rd choice keeper. He was always a 2nd choice behind David at worst or was 1st choice for the 2011 campaign, until he excused himself from the panel due to work commitments.

Clarkie is a phenomenal keeper and is a loss, but Rob is one hell of a ringer to be able to bring in to replace him and Ken.

Ummm, you would be the only one I know with that opinion, if you read the Mayo forums or the other GAA forums you will see the big worry for people is the unpredictability of Hennelly. Great kickout and that but he is liable to do anything.
    Plenty of lads work in Dublin and played with Mayo.

Regardless, best of luck to him, if he keeps the head it will be vital to Mayo.

Try the Mayo GAA Discussion thread in the GAA forum, a non-Galway troll would be a breath of fresh air!

Come Sunday the only Jimmy that'll be winning matches is Jimmy Horan!

V true, there is one troll who continually pops up there, all but one person now replies to him or her yet they still pop up with the same old rubbish.
    Sad thing is they don't post about their own team at all, and when they do post on "their" own thread, it still refers to Mayo.

I think we should award them the "Troll of the year" :D

Someone mentioned "revenge" earlier and in fairness thats a damn good enticement to win and coupled with a desire to go one better than last year and Donegals slight drop in form in the campaign to date I can see why Mayo have been tagged favourites.

The hungrier team will win it on the day but it wont be a runaway for either side.

• Advertisement

Someone mentioned "revenge" earlier and in fairness thats a damn good enticement to win and coupled with a desire to go one better than last year and Donegals slight drop in form in the campaign to date I can see why Mayo have been tagged favourites.

The hungrier team will win it on the day but it wont be a runaway for either side.

just luring them into a false sense of security

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

danniemcq wrote: »
    just luring them into a false sense of security

Even for Donegal the antics of the past week have been nothing short of pantomime. Come 4 o'clock on Sunday though hopefully it will be all forgotten about and we can enjoy a match between two of the top teams in the country. Hon Maigh Eo!

Even for Donegal the antics of the past week have been nothing short of pantomime. Come 4 o'clock on Sunday though hopefully it will be all forgotten about and we can enjoy a match between two of the top teams in the country. Hon Maigh Eo!

agreed.

And no matter who wins on Sunday as long as Dublin don't lift Sam in the end!

Has no one wondered yet why 2 Donegal mods are posting here? Should you be worried? Should you be afraid?

The evil scheme is ticking along nicely :cool:

Maybe because we are all over on the GAA forum where every Mayo and Donegal fan is..... ;)

This thread will be locked soon *whistle whistle*

Maybe because we are all over on the GAA forum where every Mayo and Donegal fan is..... ;)
    I wouldn't dare go near that den of inequity :eek:

This thread will be locked soon *whistle whistle*
    mufflers hides in the long grass of the C & P forum :D

Ummm, you would be the only one I know with that opinion, if you read the Mayo forums or the other GAA forums you will see the big worry for people is the unpredictability of Hennelly.
    He is far more unpredictable than Clarkie, but he's far from a normal 3rd choice keeper.

Having seen the predictability of O'Malley's kickouts in the challenge game with Cavan in Ballina a few weeks ago (and not in a good way) I'm personally delighted to see Rob back between the sticks. Having said that, O'Malley did look like a different player when he came on for the second half against Roscommon, with near flawless kicking, so it really does depend on which Ken shows up.

Combine that with the fact that I don't tend to care if others opinions differ from my own, it leaves me feeling fine ;)
    Plenty of lads work in Dublin and played with Mayo.
    Agreed. Hard to justify the slog though if you're second choice behind one of the best keepers in the country though. I imagine he just felt he wouldn't get the game time and with that in mind felt it was for the best.

Well this isn't going to plan...

Ummm yeah never doubted mayo would do it always gave them my full support

• Advertisement

I was behind them all the way

Advertisement