Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Meters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,764 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sierra managed to trap a lot of cars in driveways today it seems. Caught them in time to get the one I needed (which was at the front so required some shuffling in a width-restricted road) out but it seems others didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Is the metre under the access chamber that they have installed?

Or is there further work to come?

Meter is in there.

If you're in a newer estate, those boundary boxes are already present and the installation should take a fraction of the time (allegedly!)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

I thought your driveway isnt allowed to be blocked in etc...

I can understand the need, but were residents given ample warnings??

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

What are the paths like after the installation? Much damage?

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's a bit dumb if there's a car in the driveway to dig a hole right behind it. They arrive at 7:30 to set up and start digging at 8am. If a car is there and they need to start they should use the doorbell.

My partners leaves at 8:30 to bring the kids to school and go to work herself. They're due at my place tomorrow - I'll leave the car across the path tonight so and not drive completely into the driveway - they can wait until she leaves before digging the place up.

Started in my parents estate without giving in the second dated leaflet.

Path surface is fairly well done, road was left in a hideously filthy state but I've just seen someone walk up with a pressure washer lance in his hand so they may be fixing that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭emo72

what if a car was parked/broken down where they needed to dig?

emo72 wrote: »
    what if a car was parked/broken down where they needed to dig?

They'll come back. In most cases it'd be illegal parking so the council could move it. Anyway, they've the ability to charge people without meters anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've just had to do a massive pruning job on this thread. I'd refer everyone to my earlier warnings in this thread. I'll be less lenient if there is more off-topic/sniping/trollery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They did our estate on Tuesday,they were nice and pleasant my car was parked on the road and it was fine. It is only the paths that they block and they put up blue and yellow plastic barriers around it.They do about 60 houses a day.
    I did get to see just how close our pipes are to the path (2-3 inchs )though and it is not good and the council will not be doing anything to rectify the issue.
    Only downside is the paths are filthy,Normally they would be lovely and clean here but they are now filthy.

They said if people say they do not want them installed then that is fine they will not install them and they will be charged based on other houses of the same size and amount of peoples cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's only dust though isn't it - the rain this weekend will sort that out.

I've heard about the pipes around your area before - burst pipes galore in the freeze because they're so close to the surface. Saw my pipes yesterday - about 18-24 inches below the surface.

Anyone know when the finish Maynooth? I do have to say that, like it or not, they are going at some fair pace. My whole estate done in 2 days is pretty impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Orion wrote: »
    It's only dust though isn't it - the rain this weekend will sort that out.

I've heard about the pipes around your area before - burst pipes galore in the freeze because they're so close to the surface. Saw my pipes yesterday - about 18-24 inches below the surface.

Anyone know when the finish Maynooth? I do have to say that, like it or not, they are going at some fair pace. My whole estate done in 2 days is pretty impressive.

Think you must be in the same estate as me. Finishing touches going on at the moment. Looked like some official from water.ie was around looking at them this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Anyone have an idea when they will be finished Kildare?

It's actual muck rather than dust left in some areas. Forgot to call and moan again today!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea when they will be finished Kildare?

no,I think he said Celbridge and Leixlip next but after that no idea.

MYOB wrote: »
    It's actual muck rather than dust left in some areas. Forgot to call and moan again today!

you sound like some of my neighbours:)
    In fact you should join our residents association.

It is muck and dust it is really filthy.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    you sound like some of my neighbours:)
    In fact you should join our residents association.

It is muck and dust it is really filthy.

Pretty sure we're in the same development ("Greenfields" - Greenfield Drive, Lawrence Avenue, Maynooth Park and Straffan Wood are all the same developer as far as I know) but possibly not the same road.

I emailed them there and had a good moan. I've paid my 50 quid to the RA, not sure I'm that interested in the hassle of trying to collect it and organise the grass contract!

s/Straffan Wood/Straffan Way :)

We are.

Foreman called me there. Road (well, my one anyway) will be cleaned Monday or possibly tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

brian_t wrote: »

The ILCU survey is hilariously discredited.

By who?

You're in a tiny minority here.

Not anymore. I just found the door to this room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I just went out to the installrers, after 9.30pm they were compacting the ground around the meter next door.

In fairness to them they packed it in when I complained, but half nine is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭greenpilot

zenno wrote: »
    There's only one way of getting rid of this crud... stand up and out in enormous numbers like the old days.

Get over it. Most of us in the rest of the country have been paying for our water for years through group water schemes. It's not a new phenomenon you know....

That is a bit much.
    They blocked peoples drive ways over the meadowbrook side of Maynooth for days .
    MYOB - did they clean your road? i forgot to look earlier.

Nope. I'll give them a day or two before moaning again, they're still faffing around with a few houses here.

I did contact them directly originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

They shouldn't be washing the muck down the drains, it will clog them up and come the winter storms they will overflow.

KCC were around here a couple of weeks ago cleaning them out.

If the Irish Water contractors are washing muck down the drains get on to KCC sharpish, I doubt that they are allowed to do this!

• Advertisement

IW phoned me last night (missed the call) and again this morning wanting to check it had been resolved. Which it hasn't, but it saves me the hassle of calling *them* anyway.

Advertisement