Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching GAA games in london

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Watching games in london
    Hi, I'm going to be in london this weekend and was looking for suggestions where to watch the games on Saturday night. I'll be near enough to the city centre. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Waxy O'Connors just off Leicester Square is your best bet in centre of town, but I would recommend the Sheephaven Bay in Mornington Crescent, which is only 10 minutes by tube from city centre.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/34/34509/Sheephaven_Bay/Camden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Auld Shill in Stoke Newington?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Waxy O'Connors just off Leicester Square is your best bet in centre of town, but I would recommend the Sheephaven Bay in Mornington Crescent, which is only 10 minutes by tube from city centre.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/34/34509/Sheephaven_Bay/Camden

The Sheephaven is a grand spot. Avoid any and all draught beers in Waxy's if you value your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Philomena's, Great Queen Street, Covent Garden will show them and is a Tyrone pub.
    Old Kings Head, Essex Road, Angel.
    The Cobden Arms, Camden / Mornington Crescent.
    O'Neills, Wardour street, China Town used show them but haven't been in this year so don;t know.
    On Sunday only, downstairs, Bradleys Spanish Bar off Oxford street, Tottenham Court Road on hannway place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Anywhere know any place in Guildford? I'd like to watch Clare and Limerick in a bar somewhere for a bit of atmosphere, would come into the city if necessary

• Advertisement

Anywhere know any place in Guildford? I'd like to watch Clare and Limerick in a bar somewhere for a bit of atmosphere, would come into the city if necessary

None. You'll have to go to the O'Neill's in Woking. My old doll lived there for yonks and there isn't a sniff of GAA around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

FTA69 wrote: »
    None. You'll have to go to the O'Neill's in Woking. My old doll lived there for yonks and there isn't a sniff of GAA around there.
    ok, Thanks for the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Did the porterhouse always show the GAA. I went in there yesterday (as opposed to usual Sheephaven) and was pleasantly surprised with how quiet it was.

Will probably watch a few more games there before the season is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Anyone watch the Mayo game today? Blooming fantastic!!! I'm still hoarse :D

Really hoping this is our year!

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Did the porterhouse always show the GAA. I went in there yesterday (as opposed to usual Sheephaven) and was pleasantly surprised with how quiet it was.

Will probably watch a few more games there before the season is over.

Normally they show it on a bigger screen downstairs.

I was in the Porterhouse yesterday as well, it was awkward enough though. I ended up sitting behind some poor couple before my buddy dragged me over to another part of the room where all I could see was the back of an auld fella's head.

Grand pint of stout though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah, I watched it downstairs. Stood near the end of the bar furthest away from the big screen and watched it on the flat screen. Had a grand view.

And I like the idea of going to the porterhouse and having actual options in terms of what I'd like to drink. Their red ale went down fairly well at the weekend.

I'll probably go watch the remaining games there. It's shaping up to be a very interesting end to the season in both codes and I'm generally not a football fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

The Ramble Inn in Tooting is another one showing all the GAA for anyone in South London.

Advertisement