Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardee Sports - Customer service review.

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:26pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Too many times we have bad experiences and the forum is full of threads about poor service, and grief lads get with dealers and licensing among other things so i thought it only fair to make note when something good is done/received.

I've been out most days over the last two weeks. A few farmers have been ringing me about serious damage to crops from pigeons, and crows, etc. I've been hitting it hard and doing my best but am only putting a dent in things.

When out i noticed my mate was able to drop the birds further out than me. This is down to his gun being a 30" with extended full choke. I have the 28" with 3/4 choke. We eventually settled on letting them in closer, but his hit rate was higher than mine because of his ability to go for the longer shots. I decided enough was enough and had to get a full choke. Preferably extended.

None of my local dealers had the right choke either in size or fit for the gun. I rang Ardee Sports and got talking to Paul. Nice bloke and easy to deal with. I couldn't remember whether the gun took a mobile, victory or optima choke. he was convinced a Victory would work fine, and had one in extra full. I got up the next morning (yesterday), put the money on the card and rang them back at 16:00. Paul was not there but another lad took my details and was polite and easy to talk to. Paid for the choke and was told it would be sent asap.

I got a call 10 minutes later from Paul. he just wanted to confirm the choke would work, but i was still unsure as it's been some years since i had to buy a choke for the semi (having had one years ago). He told me that if the choke did not work to send it back, he would get one that did, and send it down free of charge to get me sorted. I thought the follow up call and offer of a free exchange, if needed, was a nice touch.

Today at 13:00 the door rings. A courier standing there with my new choke. I took it in ans tried it straight away. Worked a treat. Rang Paul back to thank him for the great service, and for the treatment throughout. He simply responded with "glad to help out a fellow hunter. Safe and happy shooting".

So the service was not only rapid but efficient, and the lads polite and friendly. So thanks were thanks are due.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Fair play to you for taking to the time to dish out some cudos cass. Im sure they will appreciate it. The next time im looking for something, I might give them a shout first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Fair is fair.

They done a good job, kept a customer happy, and provided a great service. Cannot ask for more than that.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Well done cass that's what we need a positive attitude and appreciation.

Fair play.

I have to say I rang them a couple of times myself and was always happy with the help and wealth of info the boys are willing to dish out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭vapour_trail

Have always had great service from Ardee Sports. I emailed them recently enquiring about a Cz and a Tikka. It turns out they are no longer Tikka distributors for Ireland which is a shame, they didnt have any of the Cz rifles I was after in stock either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Yea Paul's a good lad alright. He's a shooter himself so he knows what he's talking about and always will give you sound advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

........ It turns out they are no longer Tikka distributors for Ireland which is a shame,........
    Beretta own Tikka and Sako, and Benelli so if Beretta are gone chances are the others are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Depending who you are dealing with either brilliant or desperate completely depends who you are talking to!

Their prices sway a lot aswell, Ammo i bought a month or so ago has gone up 20%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

cw67irl wrote: »
    Depending who you are dealing with either brilliant or desperate completely depends who you are talking to!

Their prices sway a lot aswell, Ammo i bought a month or so ago has gone up 20%

I have to agree , I tried to buy a single trigger to replace the double set triggers on an Anschutz rifle I had and I gave up with frustration. problem was Anschutz doesn't deal with individuals and refers you to the distributor in your country.

Advertisement