Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

separate Chemistry Forum

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭

I know this has more than likely been said before so I apologise if you feel like you're repeating yourselves..but why is Chemistry lumped together with Physics? two completely different subjects should have separate sub forums in science no? I only say this cause I look at the science section and see that biology is one..then you also have zoology as a separate one..which in my eyes is still biology..surely there cant be way more people wanting a zoology section than a separate chem and physics forum?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

There is a Forum Request procedure. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461
    If you pop over there and have a read of the charter it lays out how you can ask for a forum to be set up.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The first question you need to ask is whether there is enough interest in chemistry to warrant a seperate forum. At the moment physics seems to take center stage. There's no point in giving chemistry it's own forum for it to sit idle.

Also, people who are interested in physics (or science in general) might find interesting threads relating to chemistry they otherwise might not see. Think of the Sci-Fi & Fantasy forum - both are completely different genres but very often share common fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Fair enough point! Im relatively new (and a chem head) and was just an observation, im sure you guys no better :D
    Thanks

Advertisement