Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod issue

Options
  • 31-07-2013 11:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Biz mod dudara i have found to be very bias when it comes to his jobs. Will comment on issues that suit him but will ignore others. Prime example giving warnings about attacks on posters who dont agree with his view wile others who do agree with his view nothing is said to them.

Says to send him PM is there is a problem but when one is sent its ignored.

Another mod iv had issues with is rebelgirl on the GAA form. She is clearly bias when it comes to matters to do with Cork GAA, and much like dudara will act on comments she doesnt agree with but will let people who do agree with her say anything. When i raised the issue the others mods just played dumb and claimed they didnt notice anything despite the fact itd very clearly happening
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

41 0s wrote: »
    His name was lala88.

Complaining in Feedback, that's a paddling. 3 Mods in Recent Visitors to profile page....expect your name here, soon.

Strange how someone with only one posts knows so much about the site, i wonder why that is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

might want to show some examples.

lala88 wrote: »
    Strange how someone with only one posts knows so much about the site, i wonder why that is....

looks like a re-reg troll but did you report the post?Mods arent omnipotent....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

returnNull wrote: »
    looks like a re-reg troll but did you report the post?Mods arent omnipotent....
    Since when did we get nerfed?!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

One of the first things I always do when faced with a complaint, whether it is here or at work, for example, is to look for context. The context in this case are the Mods themselves and yourself.

Having been involved in the selection process for Mods, I can say it is reasonably robust, as good as we can get it. All Mods, believe it or not, are human and on occasion have a bad day or make mistakes. So despite what you think, we are receptive to potential issues with Mods, Cmods and Admins. Hence the discussion we are having here.

At this point, I usually take into account the poster's history and I can't help but notice the extensive rap sheet you have. The odd infraction here or there is fine, but you appear to be having a lot of issues, especially on the GAA forum.

So, at what point does personal responsibility come into your thoughts about the manner in which you conduct yourself on this site? Genuine question, btw. I'm not having a go at you.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Since when did we get nerfed?!

did Dav not mention it ??:pac:

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    One of the first things I always do when faced with a complaint, whether it is here or at work, for example, is to look for context. The context in this case are the Mods themselves and yourself.

Having been involved in the selection process for Mods, I can say it is reasonably robust, as good as we can get it. All Mods, believe it or not, are human and on occasion have a bad day or make mistakes. So despite what you think, we are receptive to potential issues with Mods, Cmods and Admins. Hence the discussion we are having here.

At this point, I usually take into account the poster's history and I can't help but notice the extensive rap sheet you have. The odd infraction here or there is fine, but you appear to be having a lot of issues, especially on the GAA forum.

So, at what point does personal responsibility come into your thoughts about the manner in which you conduct yourself on this site? Genuine question, btw. I'm not having a go at you.

As i said the GAA forum is a prime example, more over in the Cork thread. The mod rebelgirl will let posters say anything they like about Cork county board officials, Cork management teams etc aslong as its negative but once someone disagrees with her she'll act on it. How ever if someone makes negative comments Cork players she'll act on that as he doesnt agree or want negative comments said about players.

Another example when players were dropped from the Cork hurling panel by JBM she said it was him making his mark on the panel and agree with others who said they same, but when the same thing was done by another manager she said he was wrong and let others comment as they wished as along as it was negative and gave out bans to people who disagreed with her.

Another example in another forum is in the Jobs one. Mod Eoin sets up a thread where people can post about jobs and can post them. He bans agencies or organisations and says its just for established boards.ie users. And to not sign up just to post a vacancy here. He himself posts more jobs then anyone for the company he works for yet claims he has nothing to do with recruitment within the company. It seems strange to me that someone who has nothing to do with recruitment would be so keen on posting up sp many jobs

As i said the GAA forum is a prime example, more over in the Cork thread. The mod rebelgirl will let posters say anything they like about Cork county board officials, Cork management teams etc aslong as its negative but once someone disagrees with her she'll act on it. How ever if someone makes negative comments Cork players she'll act on that as he doesnt agree or want negative comments said about players.

Another example when players were dropped from the Cork hurling panel by JBM she said it was him making his mark on the panel and agree with others who said they same, but when the same thing was done by another manager she said he was wrong and let others comment as they wished as along as it was negative and gave out bans to people who disagreed with her.
    could you link to the posts/threads?At a guess I'd say the mods would be acting on charter infringements or possibly tackling defamation or other legal sh1te
    He himself posts more jobs then anyone for the company he works for yet claims he has nothing to do with recruitment within the company. It seems strange to me that someone who has nothing to do with recruitment would be so keen on posting up sp many jobs
    And why would people post about jobs in a company they dont work for?And as for posting available jobs(which is a nice thing to do is it not esp. in a recession?)is sound and is one of the plus's of being a member of boards .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You've not posted any links to any examples, you've only posted your view on a situation.

From what I've seen on consumer issues you've ignored mod warnings on thread and then questioned a mod decision on thread, in fairness you're on boards.ie long enough to know not to start questioning a mod on thread when a warning is given.

In fairness if I start questioning a mod on thread or ignored a mod warning I would be treated no different

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Very shoddy moderating from rebel girl here, clinical piece of ass handing from poster Stinicker...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80449713&postcount=277

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80449855&postcount=281

What makes her petty little dig worse is that she posted in the Kerry discussion thread for maximum impact.

Not very cool moderation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ok, so since nobody's asked it yet,

OP have you followed the dispute resolution process or did you just create this thread as a witch hunt by nit picking specific posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Cabaal wrote: »

OP have you followed the dispute resolution process or did you just create this thread as a witch hunt by nit picking specific posts?[/QUOTE]

How do you expect to be provided with examples without posters doing this??

:confused::confused:

could you link to the posts/threads?At a guess I'd say the mods would be acting on charter infringements or possibly tackling defamation or other legal sh1te

And why would people post about jobs in a company they dont work for?And as for posting available jobs(which is a nice thing to do is it not esp. in a recession?)is sound and is one of the plus's of being a member of boards .

I just said its on the GAA forum in the Cork thread.

For for the jobs thread This is not for agencies or organisations - just for established boards.ie users. Do not sign up just to post a vacancy here. this is first ''rule'' seems to me he doesn't want people who are working within a company to post jobs. To me someone who posts as many jobs as he has is doing it for there own interest and not to be ''sound'' and at the end of the day whos going to stop him?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

OP have you followed the dispute resolution process or did you just create this thread as a witch hunt by nit picking specific posts?
    The DR process is only to appeal individual cards/bans.

General gripes (such as this) about particular moderators really belong in Help Desk.

I highlighted it with another mod and the forum but as i said they just played dumb and claimed it wasnt happening even after showing examples of this.

Even if you look at it now you'll see example of it, the poster ShamoBuc being one of the main ones whos let say what he likes as he agrees with rebelgirls views

I just said its on the GAA forum in the Cork thread.
    thats not the way it works,thats your job to present the context of your feedback,Im not going trawling through forums
    For for the jobs thread This is not for agencies or organisations - just for established boards.ie users. Do not sign up just to post a vacancy here. this is first ''rule'' seems to me he doesn't want people who are working within a company to post jobs. To me someone who posts as many jobs as he has is doing it for there own interest and not to be ''sound'' and at the end of the day whos going to stop him?
    I think you're getting this wrong,that thread doesnt want to be spammed by agencies or a HR dept.

tbh honest I think you're on a witch hunt

thats not the way it works,thats your job to present the context of your feedback,Im not going trawling through forums

I think you're getting this wrong,that thread doesnt want to be spammed by agencies or a HR dept.

tbh honest I think you're on a witch hunt

nor am i. its there for you to see if your really that worried. iv shown you an example of it already anyway

like i said i find it strange that someone who claims to have nothing to do with recruitment or HR would be posting up so many jobs and not get anything out of it themselves

You've not posted any links to any examples, you've only posted your view on a situation.

From what I've seen on consumer issues you've ignored mod warnings on thread and then questioned a mod decision on thread, in fairness you're on boards.ie long enough to know not to start questioning a mod on thread when a warning is given.

In fairness if I start questioning a mod on thread or ignored a mod warning I would be treated no different

Why should a mod not have to answer questions if there being bias on a matter? or ignoring others who are doing the same thing there giving out warnings to others for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

like i said i find it strange that someone who claims to have nothing to do with recruitment or HR would be posting up so many jobs and not get anything out of it themselves
    Sometimes people do things not to get anything out it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

nor am i. its there for you to see if your really that worried. iv shown you an example of it already anyway
    wanna know what I think ? I think you've been on the recieving end for breaking forum charters and now you wanna p1ss and moan about the mods,because without examples(provided by yourself) thats the way it comes across.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,126 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It would probably behoof you to give examples.

You said the GAA forum. Didn't give the courtesy to link there, for one. Said it was "in the Cork thread" which I assume is the "Cork GAA Discussion Thread" with over 3,700 posts in it.

"Hi yes, I ordered 10 haystacks from you and I found a needle in one of them.."

You know whats a lot easier to trawl through than that? the 997 posts of a disgruntled user. And the people who would end up doing it won't be happy you wasted their time. Frankly.

Especially because you're wasting it in feedback. This is the desert. This is Arrakis. And you are the Thumper and the admin is the Sandworm. Should you continue stomping around or do you not think its a bit more cordial to just give in and provide specific examples?

/Im on a rock.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The OP is permanently banned from the GAA Forum, and I would firstly ask why they chose not to contest this ban but instead start a Feedback thread several weeks later?

Of course being permabanned they have to log out to view the forum - perhaps that's why the have struggled to find examples, so let me help

Let's start here
    Do not post in this thread for the rest of the month.
    If you return and continue to post the way you have been, you will be banned for a long time.

Oh no how will i cope? People are already blaming the county board for it but sure just ignore that like mods do with everything they dont agree with....
    Then there was this one
    Not doing a very good job as a mod if you missed that. But then again you most likely agree with that and just so happened to miss it...
    followed up by this one
    Ah sorry, did miss it, I only skimmed the posts - thanks for pointing it out, use the report post function next time please!!! Don't try and derail the threads, and if you have a problem with the way I moderate, you are free to take it further, but don't use these threads for any personal agenda you may have against me and derail it for the rest of those people who post on here!!

Seems to me if your a mod you should be doing more then ''skim'' posts, im sure you have an excuse for why thats all you do.... Dont see why i should be reporting posts when its supposed to be your job..

I have reported the way you ''moderate'' but surprise surprise nothing was done. Funny how other mobs claim not not notice there follow mobs being bias, i wonder why that is....

3 different GAA mods have either infracted or banned you and it seems pretty clear to me (supported by a couple of Admins who have posted about you in the GAA mods forum) that the problem lies with you and your approach to mods both in GAA and other forums

• Registered Users Posts: 83,126 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

People with the 'its not my problem its your problem' attitude.

Its delusional to think mods read every post. Its never been a requirement. If you have issues with posts, report them. Simple as. Mods are people not robots, reports direct their attention to potential hotspots in the forum that need attention, they don't have the time or capability to process through everything that is posted. The report post button is there to be used, just like 999 is there to be dialed, its not the emergency service's onus to telepathically infer you might be experiencing a heart failure. Neither can you sue them for your death because you didn't alert them, anymore than you can fault moderators for not responding to issues they were never alerted to.

Nothing to see here. If you're upset about your ban post a dispute in DRP as instructed in your ban message.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I would add that in some sports forums it is virtually impossible to keep up with certain threads (particularly match threads where you can have several very busy ones running simultaneously). Mods are heavily reliant on reported posts. You cannot be expected to read the 1000+ posts that some sports forums can attract in a day

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

lala88 - I replied to your PM today. I was remiss in responding to it, and I apologise for that.

As I explained in my PM to you, I hope that I am perceived as unbiased in my moderating. I generally tend not to intervene unless someone is blatently trolling, or until I have received several Reported Posts on the matter. Let's just say that you have been reported more than once. This is the opinion of the Boards community, not me. I act on their reports.

I called you out last night, as you persisted in attacking a single poster. I don't know what grievance you may have with that poster, but I did not want it being pulled into discussions.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What I'm seeing here is a thread started by someone with 7 infractions and 11 forum bans handed out by 9 different mods across 6 forums and one category. So to claim persecution by one or two named mods is missing the mark somewhat when it completely avoids the issue of the OP's general behaviour on the site. There is only one person posting on this thread with a credibility problem, and people with better overall records than the OP's have found themselves sitebanned due to their persistent inability to not act the dick. So OP I would suggest that you cop on and start playing by the same rules that 99.9% of posters on this site have no problem adhering to, or you'll find yourself needing to find some other site to post on.

Beasty wrote: »
    The OP is permanently banned from the GAA Forum, and I would firstly ask why they chose not to contest this ban but instead start a Feedback thread several weeks later?

Of course being permabanned they have to log out to view the forum - perhaps that's why the have struggled to find examples, so let me help

Let's start here

Then there was this one

followed up by this one

3 different GAA mods have either infracted or banned you and it seems pretty clear to me (supported by a couple of Admins who have posted about you in the GAA mods forum) that the problem lies with you and your approach to mods both in GAA and other forums

Not doing a very good job as a mod if you missed that. But then again you most likely agree with that and just so happened to miss it...

funny how you didnt say anything about the post thats related to, a prime example of rebelgirls bias on matters

Overheal wrote: »
    It would probably behoof you to give examples.

You said the GAA forum. Didn't give the courtesy to link there, for one. Said it was "in the Cork thread" which I assume is the "Cork GAA Discussion Thread" with over 3,700 posts in it.

"Hi yes, I ordered 10 haystacks from you and I found a needle in one of them.."

You know whats a lot easier to trawl through than that? the 997 posts of a disgruntled user. And the people who would end up doing it won't be happy you wasted their time. Frankly.

Especially because you're wasting it in feedback. This is the desert. This is Arrakis. And you are the Thumper and the admin is the Sandworm. Should you continue stomping around or do you not think its a bit more cordial to just give in and provide specific examples?

/Im on a rock.

Iv shown 2 example of it but you and others seem to have ignored this. There are plenty of examples of it there for you to see or is it your scared incase you might be wrong?

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    I would add that in some sports forums it is virtually impossible to keep up with certain threads (particularly match threads where you can have several very busy ones running simultaneously). Mods are heavily reliant on reported posts. You cannot be expected to read the 1000+ posts that some sports forums can attract in a day

there job is to moderate is it not? not to get other people to do it for them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement