Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Best website for restaurants

• 31-07-2013 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Not sure if anyone has ever asked this but wondering what website people use as a restaurant guide for ratings/reviews? Menupages, tripadvisor? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

All of the above, really. It really depends on what restaurant I'm looking up as a particular restaurant may have reviews on one website and none on another or one or two reviews on a few websites. One good comprehensive database would be welcomed and it would make consulting the web, whenever you eat out, a little more intuitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Barzipan wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has ever asked this but wondering what website people use as a restaurant guide for ratings/reviews? Menupages, tripadvisor? Any thoughts?

Yep, all of them above, whoseview too. Bit more of a social network feel to whoseview too.

Started using twitter a lot recently. Just tweeting things like "Looking for a good italian restaurant in Dublin for friday night, any ideas? #foodie #dublin" It (#foodie and #dublin hashtags) seems to pop up on a few food blogs and they reply with suggestions. Very prompt and I haven't gone wrong with them yet. @TRIBEfoodie seem to be the most active, very good with their replies, introduced me to a few places in the past few weeks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I have used Menupages and Tripadvisor in the past. I don't bother with Menupages anymore as I was finding alot of the reviews were quite old.

There are some good Irish food blogs which I occasionally look at and they have helped me find some great places to eat. What I love about the blogs are the great pictures some of the bloggers put up. It really does give you a good idea of what the restaurants serve and what to expect.

Advertisement