Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Buffalo, NY

Options
  • 01-08-2013 6:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm heading to Buffalo in October and as of right now flights are around the 600 odd mark. Anybody know if they're likely to go down soon/best time to book the flights and roughly how much would they be.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Might be best to fly in Newark/JFK and drive up or get the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

try flying to Toronto it's a lot closer than NYC and Buffalo is only around a 2 hour drive away where I'd say New York is probably 8 or 9 hours, I think Air Canada is the operate a flight Dublin and if not even try flying from Manchester, Heathrow or even Amsterdam or Frankfurt could be cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SwearBySin

Cheers for the replies!

I don't drive at all so public transport looks more likely. I saw that you can fly from JFK to Buffalo, anybody know would that be any use? Less hassle than catching a train maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Much less, if you're already flying into NY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

SwearBySin wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies!

I don't drive at all so public transport looks more likely. I saw that you can fly from JFK to Buffalo, anybody know would that be any use? Less hassle than catching a train maybe?

Much less. Stop over in JFK. Nice break to stretch your legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Hannibal wrote: »
    try flying to Toronto it's a lot closer than NYC and Buffalo is only around a 2 hour drive away where I'd say New York is probably 8 or 9 hours, I think Air Canada is the operate a flight Dublin and if not even try flying from Manchester, Heathrow or even Amsterdam or Frankfurt could be cheaper

This.

Take a look at a map. Toronto is really close to Buffalo.

Also Pittsburg, Cleveland and Detroit are closer than NYC.

Advertisement