Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not as easy as 123.ie

Options
  • 01-08-2013 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Spent the last hour trying to get through to 123 ,simply to get a pet claim form....8.58..got through , went through the rigmarole of the security questions and policy number etc....only to be told i'd have to ring RSA for the claim form...:rolleyes:.......here we go again....

I thought a claim form would be a common request..get it together 123...:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Funnily enough 123.ie is completely owned by RSA, and they work in the same building!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I always find it bizarre when people negatively refer to security procedures as a 'rigmarole' as though it'd somehow be much handier if anyone could call up and gain information on their account by saying "Yep, this is John Smith, swearzies!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Funnily enough 123.ie is completely owned by RSA, and they work in the same building!

Wholly owned subsidiary which means they operate as two separate companies.

peteb2 wrote: »
    Wholly owned subsidiary which means they operate as two separate companies.

There is nothing to stop them from transferring the call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

There is nothing to stop them from transferring the call.

Like the motor tax office should transfer you to water services because they are both subsidiaries of the state ?

Almaviva wrote: »
    Like the motor tax office should transfer you to water services because they are both subsidiaries of the state ?

Hardly the same thing. But even basic customer service would dictate that you offer to transfer the call- its the same group, for all i know the claims department of RSA is situated down the hall from the sales team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Hardly the same thing. But even basic customer service would dictate that you offer to transfer the call- its the same group, for all i know the claims department of RSA is situated down the hall from the sales team.

Its effectively two different companies working from the same office. So what prevents them? Chinese walls!

Im familiar with Chinese walls and deal with them every day, but none the less should i need to refer something over it does not prevent me from offering to put them through to the person who can help them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Different IVR systems.

Just ring the correct number. I don't see a problem here. 123 are a broker and don't handle claims... It's simples...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Corvo

You get what you pay for, which with 123.ie is total crap

Advertisement