Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Kilkenny Marathon September 22nd 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I've not signed up, but it would be a lot handier for me, location wise, to do rather than the Dublin half.

I remember it getting cancelled last year, and it was cancelled after the registration date for the Dublin half closed, so people were left rightly stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

RubyK wrote: »
    I've not signed up, but it would be a lot handier for me, location wise, to do rather than the Dublin half.

I remember it getting cancelled last year, and it was cancelled after the registration date for the Dublin half closed, so people were left rightly stuck.
    Is there a half that day as well? I thought it was just a full. I know there is a HM in Carlow (leighlinbridge) on the 1st Sept
    http://www.runningcalendar.eu/simple/races.php?show,16647

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

nah, half was in Kilkenny City, it was on the 16th Sept last year I think and was canceled after the Dublin entry's closed. Its on a separate day to the full marathon but I believe they are both run by the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Ah sorry, my mistake, I thought there was a half, as well as a full on 22nd Sept :o

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gijima

I think the entries are through Run Ireland site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭babalobioddy

Defiantly going to do this really looking forward to it. The course is fairly flat and really easy to follow. Also very reasonable price with registration on the day. lets get behind it !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭babalobioddy

A great day weather wise, nice flat course. A bit lonely at times we need more people for next year. Really enjoyed it overall, I was wearing a Kilkenny jersey so plenty of support from cars. Lots of water stops didn't like the cups tho. This marathon is defiantly to be recommended !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Congrats to ankers99 on winning today's race on what was his 100th marathon according to FB!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carlow-Kilkenny-Marathon/166153783430605

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Didn't even know this was one..
    Pity as I live in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

blockic wrote: »
    Congrats to ankers99 on winning today's race on what was his 100th marathon according to FB!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carlow-Kilkenny-Marathon/166153783430605

Yep, his 100th, following on his 99th yesterday.He'll have about
    70 or more racked up in 2013 by year's end.Some achievement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement