Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a thought.

Options
  • 01-08-2013 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello,

So Film production and everything to do with it has been something that's began to interest me a lot more and I'm the kind of person who likes to try everything once!

From looking through the forum I see there's a lot of talented people, and just as many who are interested in getting into X area or Y area, so why hang around and wait for someone to post a request for something that interests you and instead start a group of likeminded people and make films?

Yes I know it's not as easy as just making a post and we'll be filming tomorrow but surely it's worth a try?

Initially I think Dublin would be a good area to start, It's where I'll be located, quite a few other members seem to be and is diverse enough to offer plenty of different locations.

If everyone replies with their thoughts and if interested add the points below with their own details:

Experience: Recently started toying with video on my DSLR
    Relevant Equipment: DSLR, lenses, mic, tripod, editing software.
    Interests: Filming but I'd also like to try acting
    Availability: Evenings and weekends
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Think there was an attempt at a production organised through boards before. Don't think it ever really went anywhere. Can't find the thread at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Think there was an attempt at a production organised through boards before. Don't think it ever really went anywhere. Can't find the thread at the minute.

Ah, that's a shame!

This place seems pretty dead anyway so I've looked for alternative methods to make this happen.

It'd still be nice if we got something going here though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Ah, that's a shame!

This place seems pretty dead anyway so I've looked for alternative methods to make this happen.

It'd still be nice if we got something going here though!

www.filmmakersnetwork.ie and www.filmnetworki.com might be more suited to what you're looking for.

It is quite quiet around here. Although I did source a great spark for my last film through boards.

Advertisement