Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters of Accounting in DCU or Smurfit

Options
  • 01-08-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey everyone...I have been offered a place in both DCU and Smurfit to go and do my Masters of Accounting and I cant decide which one to accept! Its a big decision to make and just want to know can i get some feedback back about both of them...Everyone ive been talking to says go to Smurfit because its a good college etc but im sure DCU is just the same...also can anyone tell me whether they got a grant for either of them, I was told by the vec that I will get a grant for both and then when I rang SUSI they said I wudnt get a grant for Smurfit as its a private college! Need some help please :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Lilabelle wrote: »
    Hey everyone...I have been offered a place in both DCU and Smurfit to go and do my Masters of Accounting and I cant decide which one to accept! Its a big decision to make and just want to know can i get some feedback back about both of them...Everyone ive been talking to says go to Smurfit because its a good college etc but im sure DCU is just the same...also can anyone tell me whether they got a grant for either of them, I was told by the vec that I will get a grant for both and then when I rang SUSI they said I wudnt get a grant for Smurfit as its a private college! Need some help please :-)

Is Smurfit not just part of UCD? Despite what they like to think they're just another school within the university.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

I don't know anything about DCU but the Smurfit masters was 10 times more difficult than I had anticipated.

It has been described as "2 leaving certs" and that's not including the summer school.

Think there's about 50 in the class doing repeats. However, there's plenty of first class honours too.

Saying that, you'll learn loads and some of the lecturers are excellent (some are atrocious too).

DCU could be the same!

Advertisement