Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I Qualify for Free Fees

Options
  • 01-08-2013 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, I am sorry if this has been posted before but any advice will be much appreciated.

I am looking at leaving work and going back to college next year and I am a little confused as to weather I am entitled to free fees when I go back. When I finished my leaving cert in 2007 I went on to do a FETAC Level 5. I am now looking to go back as a Mature Student to Study a Level 8 in The Shannon College of Hotel Management.

The first year fees are over 13k which would cause a bit of a speed bump in my plans. So any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Unless you have completed a level 7 or 8 before, you should be ok provided you meet the other criteria. The Fetac Level 5 should not interfere with it. You'll still have to pay the Contribution Charge so take a good look at this page from their website

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jimmy_Cork

Hi Maldesu, Thank you that is really helpful and exactly the answer I was hoping for. The student contribution is not something I am concerned about once I am ok for the fees.

Advertisement