Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing vehicle colour on logbook??

• 01-08-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

I've never done this so don't know how to do it. How does one get the colour changed of your vehicle on the Vehicle Registration Certificate? On the back there's a section to change address/owner etc. But nothing to change details like the colour... Anyone any ideas?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

take a look at form rf111 (should be able to google it up)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Wossack wrote: »
    take a look at form rf111 (should be able to google it up)

Cheers. That should be on environ.ie or motortax.ie?

should be the same one on both, but I'd go for motortax.ie if theres discrepencies

Wossack wrote: »
    should be the same one on both, but I'd go for motortax.ie if theres discrepencies

Found it on environ.ie, nice one.

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/PublicationsDocuments/FileDownLoad,495,en.pdf

cool - dont know if theres any fee involved, but think it should be written on the form if so. They usually have a section detailing what needs to accompany it when submitted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

my dad did this for his van recently and it was free, sent him a replacement logbook and destroyed the oldone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I did this recently for 2 bikes and they refused, until they verified it. I was told it had to be an authorised officer of the council. The bikes went from silver to white. Our local council officer was not qualified to confirm the change. I have to travel from Bray to Wicklow town. Even a letter from a Garda confiriming the chance wouldnt suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Pataman wrote: »
    I did this recently for 2 bikes and they refused, until they verified it. I was told it had to be an authorised officer of the council. The bikes went from silver to white. Our local council officer was not qualified to confirm the change. I have to travel from Bray to Wicklow town. Even a letter from a Garda confiriming the chance wouldnt suffice.
    This is exactly the problem with regional tax offices.
    I bet if you went to Wexford it'd be different, and probably in Waterford as well.

Pataman wrote: »

Verified it how?? If I take a pic of the bike and send it in, is that not enough?

Nope. 1 change went through but the other 2 were refused. Even a letter from the local Gardai wouldnt do. The vehicle inspector wasnt qualified to certify the change. Stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

there was no inspection needed for the fathers van, just sent in the form, wexford office.

I suppose it depends on who you get

Advertisement