Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Application Questions

Options
  • 01-08-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

I am looking at returning to College next year and I have the following questions. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. Do I need to apply for a new CAO Number or will i need to find my old one from when I did my Leaving Cert?

2. If I am entitled to Free Fees will that happen automatically or is there something I must do?

3. From applying in November does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from the College about an interview. (I am applying to Shannon College)

I will probably think of loads more but any help on these ones would be great. Thanks in advance

- James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pawblo Pugcasso

Jimmy_Cork wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking at returning to College next year and I have the following questions. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. Do I need to apply for a new CAO Number or will i need to find my old one from when I did my Leaving Cert?

2. If I am entitled to Free Fees will that happen automatically or is there something I must do?

3. From applying in November does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from the College about an interview. (I am applying to Shannon College)

I will probably think of loads more but any help on these ones would be great. Thanks in advance

- James

Hi Jimmy

Congrats on the big step. My answers below.

1. You'll get a new CAO number, it's generated on the CAO website when you register

2.Assuming you've never done a level 8 course before, yes you will be entitled to free fees.

3. I'm not sure about Shannon College, but I heard back from UCD in July before my course started offering me a place. I didn't need to interview for it though, so not sure if it's the same with Shannon.

There is a sticky at the top of the page that I found really useful when applying for my course. Give it a read here

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jimmy_Cork

Thank you that has helped my a lot :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Giving it holly

You have plenty time to do what you need to do. Ring the college and they will send out all the info you need as they have to keep so many places for mature students so keep on asking if your not sure of something.They are more than happy to help. May be this blog might be of some help.
    Click here for blog

Advertisement