Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop advice - which would you go for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I've ordered this today after much research.Lenovo have a great rep for reliability.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_G580_1296619.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15 connman

Cheers for the reply mate. That looks like a very solid option. Did you order from the saveonlaptops website? Any idea what they're like reliability wise?
    Thanks again.

connman wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply mate. That looks like a very solid option. Did you order from the saveonlaptops website? Any idea what they're like reliability wise?
    Thanks again.

Yip ordered through their website , I have heard no real negatives about them.

There will be a £10 charge though for courier delivery to the ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 connman

Good stuff. Think I might order one of these too.

connman wrote: »
    Good stuff. Think I might order one of these too.

Don't think you will go far wrong at the price. I got an email today saying mine is dispatched about an hour after ordering.

Should be here in 3/4 working days :)

• Advertisement

I just noticed the Lenovo is gone up to £359 ( it has been £349 all along)

Only 20 left in stock now as well. The price must go up when the stock is scarcer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Barr wrote: »
    I've ordered this today after much research.Lenovo have a great rep for reliability.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_G580_1296619.html

Am pretty much thinking of going for that one myself. The only thing that's putting me off is the trackpad which seem to get bad press.Anyone any experience with them?

Would u post back a quick review when you get her.be interested to see how she runs on the i3?

gooner99 wrote: »
    Am pretty much thinking of going for that one myself. The only thing that's putting me off is the trackpad which seem to get bad press.Anyone any experience with them?

Would u post back a quick review when you get her.be interested to see how she runs on the i3?

Shall do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

I just noticed the Lenovo is gone up to £359 ( it has been £349 all along)

Only 20 left in stock now as well. The price must go up when the stock is scarcer

It's back to £349.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Stupid question but does that laptop come with any software on it? i.e. MS Office etc? I'm guessing not but I just wanted to check :)

• Advertisement

MacDanger wrote: »
    Stupid question but does that laptop come with any software on it? i.e. MS Office etc? I'm guessing not but I just wanted to check :)

Afraid no ms office, it gives you the option to purchase it at the end if you want it.

MS office is nearly aways an extra.

Just an update on this. Ordered the laptop on Thursday evening and it arrived Tuesday. Could not believe how fast it arrived from the UK.

The laptop itself is very nifty and easy to use.I3 is more than adeqaute .Took a bit of playing around with it to get used of windows 8.

I did find the trackpad a bit sensitive at first but after a bit of use its not a problem. Just takes getting used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I have trief to buy that laptop but I cant create an account on the site to buy it. It doesnt let me enter ROI as a postcode.
    Do they only deliver to UK?

Just an update on this. Ordered the laptop on Thursday evening and it arrived Tuesday. Could not believe how fast it arrived from the UK.

The laptop itself is very nifty and easy to use.I3 is more than adeqaute .Took a bit of playing around with it to get used of windows 8.

I did find the trackpad a bit sensitive at first but after a bit of use its not a problem. Just takes getting used to.

Thats a good service.I ordered the thinkpad e531 myself direct from lenovo. worked out best for me with their 10% discount and claiming the vat back.going to install start8 when i get it to deal with the old w8 hell.

I have trief to buy that laptop but I cant create an account on the site to buy it. It doesnt let me enter ROI as a postcode.
    Do they only deliver to UK?

They deliver to Ireland for £10. Think I put in Ireland for the postcode and it let me through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

OP i would advise against buying from laptops direct. I have a horror story from buying a tablet as a present for the girlfriend at christmas.
    When the tablet arrived the seals on the box had all been broken and the tablet badly damages. After a lot of emails they finally collected it. I sent them countless emails up to February (2 months on no replacement/refund) when I gave up and did a chargeback on my visa card to get my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 twillerbee

Thats a good service.I ordered the thinkpad e531 myself direct from lenovo. worked out best for me with their 10% discount and claiming the vat back.going to install start8 when i get it to deal with the old w8 hell.

gooner, where did you get the 10% discount?

twillerbee wrote: »
    gooner, where did you get the 10% discount?

AUG10%TD

I'm pretty sure that's the one that worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 twillerbee

Thanks

Advertisement