Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA exam tips

• 01-08-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi forumers!

I'm going to pass ACCA soon and was looking for the tips, I found some useful ones.

F1 Accountant in Business
    For this paper you will be answering 50 questions in 120 minutes, so on average, you should spend
    2.4 minutes on each question. In order to maximise use of the time available, candidates should
    avoid selecting answers too quickly or spending too long persuading themselves that their choice is
    appropriate.

F6 Taxation
    The challenge with F6 is not the complexity of the paper, but the volume of tax rules that need to
    be memorised. In order to nail the paper and avoid the pre-exam stress, you need to go through the
    new tax rules taught each week in class.

P1 Governance, Risk and Ethics
    Rather than learning by rote, think about why the theory is important, e.g. why are the provisions
    in a corporate governance code there, and what are they trying to achieve?. This will help you
    understand what themes or issues the examiner is focusing on in the exam scenarios.

P5 Advanced Performance Management
    Remember to always answer the question you’re most confident on first. During the three hours,
    make sure you thoroughly read the scenario to highlight all the important information given. Then
    make sure your answer relates to each scenario.

I took the tips from http://www.lsbf.org.uk/programmes/professional/acca-exam-tips.html. There are much more :)

Please share your tips with me, either found on the Internet or from your own experience. This will be highly appreciated :)
    Tagged:

Advertisement