Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a web site similar to Mc Millan for cycling?

Options
  • 01-08-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys/Gals

Is there a website that si simialr to Mc Millan that can be used to predict cycling?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

baza1976 wrote: »
    Hi Guys/Gals

Is there a website that si simialr to Mc Millan that can be used to predict cycling?

Thanks

Use a power meter and then you can get accurate estimates.

Unlike Mc Milan

Oh and that site looks like total ............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

way way way too many variables to come up with a cycling version of mcmillian.

As tunney said, if you have a powermeter and know your FTP you can estimate wattages for each distance based on that.

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the feedback and will take it on board. It's a better response than I got from someone in another forum!!:rolleyes:

Thanks again.

regards
    B

• Advertisement

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the feedback and will take it on board. It's a better response than I got from someone in another forum!!:rolleyes:

Thanks again.

regards
    B

On both boards you were told its a pointless exercise. You didn't like the answer there, came here and were told the same thing.

tunney wrote: »
    On both boards you were told its a pointless exercise. You didn't like the answer there, came here and were told the same thing.

Thats not totally true Tunney and if was, it's not your place to be telling me it's the place of Mod I would have thought.

I asked what I believed at the time to be a genuine question. I was told on the other forum on the 2nd reply that it might be best to ask here. Which I did. I thanked all for their input. I now know the answer to my question.

Your reply above is totally unnecessary. It's a sad day when some can't ask what they believe to be a genuine question without someone trying exploit there lack of knowledge on the subject so that a reaction can be achieved.

As I'm typing this I know I shouldn't be feeding you with my reply, but like so many before me I can't help it.

Apologies for whatever in my previous posts upset you or set you off or what ever.

Yours sincerely,
    Cycling enthusiast,

regards
    B

Mod: Tunney, play nice

It is a genuine question and one probably not suited to ye cycling forum, they are mainly concerned with keeping their white shoes white and where to buy socks of the correct length ;)

Thats not totally true Tunney and if was, it's not your place to be telling me it's the place of Mod I would have thought.

I asked what I believed at the time to be a genuine question. I was told on the other forum on the 2nd reply that it might be best to ask here. Which I did. I thanked all for their input. I now know the answer to my question.

Your reply above is totally unnecessary. It's a sad day when some can't ask what they believe to be a genuine question without someone trying exploit there lack of knowledge on the subject so that a reaction can be achieved.

As I'm typing this I know I shouldn't be feeding you with my reply, but like so many before me I can't help it.

Apologies for whatever in my previous posts upset you or set you off or what ever.

Yours sincerely,
    Cycling enthusiast,

regards
    B
    mloc123 wrote: »
    Mod: Tunney, play nice

It is a genuine question and one probably not suited to ye cycling forum, they are mainly concerned with keeping their white shoes white and where to buy socks of the correct length ;)

Apologies.

@baza1976 Analytic cycling would be the "bible" so to speak when working out cycling calculations but it would be much more involved (and accurate) than Mc Millian (which I think is junk) http://www.analyticcycling.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

cheers, now that is an interesting site to look at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

tunney wrote: »
    Apologies.

@baza1976 Analytic cycling would be the "bible" so to speak when working out cycling calculations but it would be much more involved (and accurate) than Mc Millian (which I think is junk) http://www.analyticcycling.com/[/QUOTE]

Do you mind me asking why you think Mc Millan is junk, (this is purely for my own knowledge if you don't mind sharing)

Stick in Bolts 100m time... do you think he would run that Marathon time it gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

point taken.
    I would have assumed that if you put in bolts 10k you would get a clearer picture of his marathon time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Who would attempt to predict a 42,195m time from a 100m time?

I would suggest that if you input Bolt's 100m time and check his 200m time it might not be too far out. In fact I've just tried to do that and the times only start at 400m.

Much more usefully stick in your own pb for 10k and then see what the bould mcmillan regards as your trained marathon time.

edit - I see Bennymul got in ahead of me with the 10k suggestion

Peterx wrote: »
    Who would attempt to predict a 42,195m time from a 100m time?

I would suggest that if you input Bolt's 100m time and check his 200m time it might not be too far out. In fact I've just tried to do that and the times only start at 400m.

Much more usefully stick in your own pb for 10k and then see what the bould mcmillan regards as your trained marathon time.

edit - I see Bennymul got in ahead of me with the 10k suggestion

The bit that most people miss/ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

mloc123 wrote: »
    Stick in Bolts 100m time... do you think he would run that Marathon time it gives?

I guess thats written in pink.
    Anyway made me laugh
    Cheers

Advertisement