Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterways / Scarriff

Options
  • 01-08-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

So we were thinking of heading to Scariff for the weekend and read that there is a great marina there??? Anyway in the past on here there has been some discusssions about campers being able to use the Waterways facilities, as in we can also buy a card and use it for showers, toilets emptying and grey water etc. I cant find the thread again and it could also be out dated. If anyone had any information on this I would appreciate it

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Great might be a bit of stretch in relation to Scariff. There is a small harbour there within a walk of the village. Portumna, Killaloe, Garrykennedy, Dromineer, and Terryglass would be far nicer in IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

I don't know about facilities in Scariff but there is a caravan park in Mountshannon which is reasonably near to Scariff if that is any help.

http://www.lakesideireland.com/

There is also this one advertising on Donedeal. I'm not sure really where it is located

http://www.donedeal.ie/campers-for-sale/camper-van-parking/5001640

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Thanks for the replies, just like to say that we went to the festival in Scariff and it was AMAZING. Well done to all involved :-) Anyway we stayed at the marina on the outside of the barrier as there was a height barrier. We had no hassles at all and there was toilets there too. We did not buy Waterways cards as seemingly you could only buy them in certain shops and the nearest was Portumna, anyway it seems a good system

Advertisement