Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazlet and or Pork Loaf

Options
  • 01-08-2013 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy this?
    Tesco's used to sell it at the deli counter but I can't find it anymore.

Ta

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I saw hazlet for the first time in years last weekend. They had it at the sandwich counter in the Eurospar in Rush in North Co. Dublin so they might have it in other Eurospars too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Tesco stopped selling Hazlet a long tome ago as did most of the big supermarkets, something to do with the Ingredients not being listed.

Hazlet was made by Oldhoussen who went to the wall earlier this year.

I used to get it in JC'S in Swords, when I asked where it was, that was what I was told.

I'll have to have a look in a Eurospar, Carrolls meats used to make it some years ago but it had garlic in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Not sure where you're based but if you are anywhere near Dublin 8 check out the butchers on Meath Street, I've gotten hazlett in a couple of those before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Not sure where you're based but if you are anywhere near Dublin 8 check out the butchers on Meath Street, I've gotten hazlett in a couple of those before

Was that recently?

Haven't been down Meath street in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

nudger wrote: »
    Was that recently?

Haven't been down Meath street in a few years.

A couple of months ago, my Mam is addicted to the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Got Hazlet in Nolans of Kilcullen last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Love a bit of Hazlet. Haven't had a bit in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

I'd forgotten that it existed. One of the tastiest sandwich fillers ever imo. Maybe it was full of illegal ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

thanks all, will give them a go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Pork Haslet is a wonderful cold meat. ( note the s not z )

I have seen them ' in the wild ' so to speak in Lincolnshire ( namely in Boston Lincs ) , they look like large meatballs/******s if you like, I think it was basically like a cold sausage with herbs in them.

I miss it , it was a nice cheap sandwich filler.

• Advertisement
Advertisement