Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archos 5 media tablet

Options
  • 01-08-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

This is the one i have..http://youtu.be/HVFOA1gIwVA

I started using this recently for parties and stuff iv a lot of music and all on this, i have the 120gb version but i noticed sometime it will go all messed up and wont work for a while just software problems and there isent any more firmware updates for it , I'm not entirely sure how much RAM it has , but i was wondering if i was to format it basically turning it into a hard drive with a screen would there be anyway to put on like and ubuntu operating system or a small operating system on it that won't be too slow to run.

Comments

That's a Gen6 model.

There were some hacks for it but nothing particularly useable, it was more just people doing things for fun or for the sake of it. Its an old model so im sure all the efforts have long been abandoned anyway.

If you don't know what you're doing you're more likely to brick it.

Check the archosfans forum or OpenAOS.org for more details.

Advertisement