Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of the Triad 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's out already.

It's a bit of an odd one. It uses the old icons, sounds, character names etc etc, so it's very faithful to the original.

Even on normal difficult it can be a bit difficult. Much like the original, every level is absolutely full of secrets, and there's a correspondingly high number of achievements to account for finding them all.

It's fast simple fun so far, with blood and body parts, and generally over the top elements, just like the original, including god mode, shrooms mode, baseball bats etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

From reading the threads on steam, it's not optimized and framerate is broken

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This should give a decent idea of the gameplay:

http://kotaku.com/watch-us-play-rise-of-the-triad-a-throwback-to-1995-982049491

I've seen no framerates issues. There's been a few clipping and animation glitches though, but nothing gamebreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Been playing some of this. It's a bit buggy alright and tough in comparison to modern games - I might be disappointed if it was priced high, but it is cheap and it should be well supported, so I'm happy with the buy. It's a bit strange seeing some of the older type of puzzles in newer settings but quite refreshing to see past styles return.
    Only complaint really is the checkpoint autosaves and the blocking of backtracking (through closing doors behind you). Two frustrating elements of modern gaming that are unnecessary here.

Advertisement