Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 23), August 2-4, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

1248 at Limerick game.

Very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

1248 at Limerick game.

Very poor.

Sounds poor alright, but are there any weather issues?

UCD 3:1 up :eek:

and Sligo with their second goal at the Brandywell

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Sounds poor alright, but are there any weather issues?

should not be I say.

Limerick crowds seem to be going downhill all the time since the start of season.

2-1 Morrissey.

too late

Full time 2-1 Limerick

Balls!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That's us in the relegation mire. Home to Bohs next week. Absolute must win.

Without Horgan next week that might be very tough. He has been basically our match winner for the last 3-4 games we have won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hard to see a way back for Bohs now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭kksaints

Not great. Not great at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Rovers Win :):)
    Pats Draw :)
    Shams Lose :)
    Rice Sent Off :):):):)

CSF wrote: »
    Hard to see a way back for Bohs now.

They have us next week. If they want 3 points that's there opportunity.

Was Dundalk that good, or Shamrock Rovers that bad? I mean...they gonna pay their visit to Tolka next weekend, and would like to see Shels with 5 wins in a row :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Was Dundalk that good, or Shamrock Rovers that bad? I mean...they gonna pay their visit to Tolka next weekend, and would like to see Shels with 5 wins in a row :D
    Dundalk are wack ! Tell everyone :)

gimmick wrote: »
    They have us next week. If they want 3 points that's there opportunity.

I don't disagree but I don't see them taking the opportunity either

• Advertisement

Wack? Get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Great point for the Drogs.

Great result for UCD, you never know what you are going to get from them week to week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Full time 2-1 Limerick

Balls!!!!

Kilduff very lucky not to be sent off in the game, smacked Williams and made a go for Kelly on the ground too, and if the ref hadn't bottled that decision ye'd be in massive trouble with strikers available for yere next two/three games...

Weather was lovely, crowd's have been on the decline over the last few months, reckon its a cocktail of seasons, not much left to play for, some poor results and performances, most of the ppl who've been away have been blow in's to be fair, there is still a solid core there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Holy crap! We are doing well. Played some of our best football of the season this evening. Dominated Rovers for most of the game and played some lovely one touch football.

Our last 10 games we have won 8 drew 1 and lost 1 beating Derry, Rovers, Pats and Sligo along the way. Atmosphere in Oriel was rocking this evening. 2200 making loads of noise. Delirium when the third went in. Hairs standing on the back of my neck is becoming a regular feature for me these days. Beautiful feeling.

• Advertisement

I hope, Dundalk are not too sad, when they leave Tolka empty handed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry 1 - 2 Sligo, thats our league title gone tonight I think.

Tonight for me showed what we are missing, Sligo outclassed us when it came to passing, control, movement, skill, everything. We were a lot of huff and puff, but the best team won, again.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

We're ****ed. UCD were there for the taking and we crumbled pathetically. Really can't see where we're gonna pull a run of form form.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

NIMAN wrote: »
    Derry 1 - 2 Sligo, thats our league title gone tonight I think.

Tonight for me showed what we are missing, Sligo outclassed us when it came to passing, control, movement, skill, everything. We were a lot of huff and puff, but the best team won, again.

Can you still go for the Europa League? I think, you have decent supporters, who deserve some European journeys :)

We're ****ed. UCD were there for the taking and we crumbled pathetically. Really can't see where we're gonna pull a run of form form.

10 games left and both Rovers, Pats, Derry and Dundalk to play. Bohs badly need a few positive results on the trot to get the momentum for the harder games and I feel they've spurned that opportunity with the games just gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

10 games left and both Rovers, Pats, Derry and Dundalk to play. Bohs badly need a few positive results on the trot to get the momentum for the harder games and I feel they've spurned that opportunity with the games just gone.

I'm still just worried about Bray. Then again, if they manage a win on Sunday, it'll go a long way to making everything better. With current form, I don't see it happening.

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm still just worried about Bray. Then again, if they manage a win on Sunday, it'll go a long way to making everything better. With current form, I don't see it happening.

I think we (Shels) have a great chance

I think we (Shels) have a great chance

Course ye do. Which is funny, cost when I saw ye earlier in the season it was one of the most insipid displays of football Ive seen in general, not just LOI(I've stopped going matches now since moved to Cork, so MNS is my limits now). My hope was both yourselves and Bohs would hang on to the managers, but not to be.

Course ye do. Which is funny, cost when I saw ye earlier in the season it was one of the most insipid displays of football Ive seen in general, not just LOI(I've stopped going matches now since moved to Cork, so MNS is my limits now). My hope was both yourselves and Bohs would hang on to the managers, but not to be.

With a bit of luck Dunne will be sacked now so they can have their backlash against Bohs

Shels had a manager before Johnny Mac? Really? He must have been sort of deplorable :pac:

• Advertisement

With a bit of luck Dunne will be sacked now so they can have their backlash against Bohs

That'd be grand once the 3 points are in the bag Sunday evening:pac:

Shels had a manager before Johnny Mac? Really? He must have been sort of deplorable :pac:

They had the impostor of good hope in the position!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I hope, Dundalk are not too sad, when they leave Tolka empty handed :pac:

Dead right,we're pants.:pac:
    Dundalk will take a good support.Don't ask me why? but our fans love Tolka, we always take good numbers there.
    Anyway i'm away back to the pints here in OP :cool: See yee all there next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Going 1-0 down in the first minute is not good for a manager who likes a 0-0. Interesting to see though how it'd have to force him into attacking.

Rice's red card might mean Robinson gets even more games. Really the rest of the season has to be used by Croly to attack or to show that he knows how to attack. The results themselves mean not so much, in some respects there's as much to be gained from a 3-2 defeat or win than draw 0-0 again.

Great win for UCD. It'd be interesting to see Shels lose and whether that halts the momentum or they pick up where they left off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Great recovery after a very shaky start. Bohs corners and throws caused complete mayhem in our defence but thankfully the other way around was even more so.
    Craig Walsh was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Every time he winds up a shot from anywhere within 30 yards of the goal, you just feel it has a chance of going in. Great to see Mick Leahy for his first game this season as well. Hopefully that'll give the defence a more solid look for the run in.

Certainly not out of the woods yet. Our final 5 away games are all against the teams in the bottom 7. We've each of the top 5 in the last 5 at home.

Great recovery after a very shaky start. Bohs corners and throws caused complete mayhem in our defence but thankfully the other way around was even more so.
    Craig Walsh was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Every time he winds up a shot from anywhere within 30 yards of the goal, you just feel it has a chance of going in. Great to see Mick Leahy for his first game this season as well. Hopefully that'll give the defence a more solid look for the run in.

Certainly not out of the woods yet. Our final 5 away games are all against the teams in the bottom 7. We've each of the top 5 in the last 5 at home.
    Bohs have a similar issue I think. I'm delighted for us to have all Derry, Pats and Sligo Rovers away, allowing us to have winnable home games against Bohs, UCD and Drogheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Devastated after that loss to UCD. We looked like absolute beasts who knew relegation was a possibility in the first 10 mins. Even when they equalised and took the lead at 2-1 I thought we could peg them back. Worrying times right now. Hoping against hope at this stage but I still see something in Bohs believe it or not.

Few bits on twitter saying Tommy is gone from CCFC.

gimmick wrote: »
    Few bits on twitter saying Tommy is gone from CCFC.

Confirmed.

• Advertisement

Who is going to come in?

Who is going to come in?

Stuart Ashton until the end if the season.

Fûck knows who this idiot board will try and appoint.

I'm stuck for names. I heard Richardson been mentioned for a third coming.

Doubt he will. Really ain't many around and don't mention Dolan

Dead right,we're pants.:pac:
    Dundalk will take a good support.Don't ask me why? but our fans love Tolka, we always take good numbers there.
    Anyway i'm away back to the pints here in OP :cool: See yee all there next week.

Just keep in mind, the times are over, when a visit to Tolka meant a guaranteed three points for the visitors :D

Hope, you enjoy your stay at the home of the Real Reds anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Rumour I heard recently was Johnny C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ideally a draw in Bohs/UCD would have been best but Cork being dragged into the battle makes up for it kind of. We need to take full advantage tomorrow.

Any Rovers players cars had a brick threw them yet btw?

Rico would hardly bother a commute to Cork? He has commitments in Dublin afaik, his family being the main one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Who is going to come in?

Pat Scully ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Great game in the Brandywell. First half was all Rovers, loads of possession but no real chances. Came to life in the second half with both teams knowing they had to win. Can't remember Rogers saving a penalty before last night but it was the important one. Turning point in our season.

Deserved the three points. Also great to see North scoring.

Djilali outstanding once again. Best player in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Was in Dalymount last night as a complete neutral and only my fourth or fifth ever LOI game. The schoolboys exhibition game at half time was made up of players from my junior club in Kildare.

Bohs started really really well, and probably deserved their one-nil lead. But a complete inability to defend set pieces ultimately cost them - the UCD corners and free kicks were causing them all sorts of trouble.

UCD played some decent stuff too, especially the #21, Craig Walsh. Must be really frustrating to be a Bohs supporter though, as I thought the two stand out players were Karl Moore and Keith Buckley. They owned the ball in the early part of the second half too, but I'm struggling to remember a save the UCD keeper had to make. Game was well and truly over when UCD scored with ten minutes to go.

I'll be back - thanks to Bohs for making us all so welcome, and making 18 kids feel very special!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We were brutal last night didnt deserve to win.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Rumour I heard recently was Johnny C.

I'm sure our retarded board would love that but gladly he doesn't have the badges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement