Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 23), August 2-4, 2013

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

gimmick wrote: »
    Stuart Ashton until the end if the season.

Fûck knows who this idiot board will try and appoint.
    I'm sure our retarded board would love that but gladly he doesn't have the badges.

Lovely comments to make against the people that stood up and put their names forward, something plenty of people wouldn't have the guts to do, were deemed good enough by the membership to sit on the board and give up hours and hours of their time week in week out to do a job that they don't get a penny for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm sure our retarded board would love that but gladly he doesn't have the badges.

Is he worse than a certain Alan M. ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Athlone 2 points clear at the top now thanks to a 1-0 win over harps last night, Enda Curran scoring the winner on his debut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

OK, officially worried about Bohs. Forthcoming games are very tough.

Last night had to be three points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Lovely comments to make against the people that stood up and put their names forward, something plenty of people wouldn't have the guts to do, were deemed good enough by the membership to sit on the board and give up hours and hours of their time week in week out to do a job that they don't get a penny for.

The way they have done business here and the way it was leaked last night annoys me big time. And just in case you think I am hiding behind a keyboard I have spoken with 2 board members today and said the exact same.

I do not trust this boards ability to make a proper appointment. They will take the easiest possible option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

farna_boy wrote: »
    Rumour I heard recently was Johnny C.

doesn't have the required badges.

Nor does John Cotter.

Or stuart ashton for that matter. UEFA Pro Licences ain't cheap.

I think they'll be looking to the UK for their next boss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

bohsboy wrote: »
    OK, officially worried about Bohs. Forthcoming games are very tough.

Last night had to be three points.

Agreed. Not looking good. Never been relegated but it's not looking good now with 10 games to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dfx- wrote: »
    It'd be interesting to see Shels lose and whether that halts the momentum or they pick up where they left off.

No it wouldn't!

Zebra3 wrote: »
    No it wouldn't!

What's the club record of league wins in a row? 8 or 9? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

shels and Bohs to battle it out.

just for the laugh.

• Advertisement

Cobh won 3-2 tonight

Cobh won 3-2 tonight

Cork and Cobh will battle it out then next season.

Just for the laugh.

;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Zebra3 wrote: »
    No it wouldn't!

Yes it would!

Otherwise Shels are safe. I think the only thing stopping them now is hitting a blip and not regaining the confidence/momentum that they have.

dfx- wrote: »
    Yes it would!

Otherwise Shels are safe. I think the only thing stopping them now is hitting a blip and not regaining the confidence/momentum that they have.

What is the reason, you don't like Shels, may I ask?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Cork and Cobh will battle it out then next season.

Just for the laugh.

;)

Nah.

Too late for Cobh to win 1st Division

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I have a new favourite beer.

BQxwHWeCIAAYwfE.jpg:small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I hear Cobh winner was the epitome of fluke.

Bray need a win, itd be huge!

Already a decent number of Shels in the ground

Delighted with the result today. Keeps the 2 of them beyond arms length for now at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shels the better side in the first half, Bray better in the second. Happy enough with the draw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Perfect result for everyone else near the bottom really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Just as a footnote to the Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers game it seems that McGuinness was sent off for his headbutt on Towell after the game. Not Rovers most sporting night at the office.

Draw is just perfect.

Perfect result for everyone else near the bottom really.

Taken the steam out of the Shels mini revival. Excellent. :D

Taken the steam out of the Shels mini revival. Excellent. :D

Yeah 3 wins and 2 draws in 5 games is gonna really leave the confidence down going forward....

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah 3 wins and 2 draws in 5 games is gonna really leave the confidence down going forward....

Possible slip today. Big opportunity today to leave a gap between Yourselves and bray. Dundalk on Friday is going to be tough.

Oh please let it be like this for next 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pighead wrote: »
    Just as a footnote to the Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers game it seems that McGuinness was sent off for his headbutt on Towell after the game. Not Rovers most sporting night at the office.

3rd sending off after a game this season?

Possible slip today. Big opportunity today to leave a gap between Yourselves and bray. Dundalk on Friday is going to be tough.
    Bray away is not 2 points dropped. Dundalk at home is not a game we're expected to win either. I don't see us having to take THAT many points to avoid finishing bottom anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Happy enough with a draw. Unbeaten in 5, something that was unthinkable a month or two ago. Picking up points here and there sporadically may be enough to stay up.

• Advertisement

OMG, I am so hugely disappointed with the draw in Bray, this is the end of the world, I'll never be happy again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The abuse of Jason Byrne yesterday was despicable. The man is a club legend and a sizable amount of skangers thought it was apt to slag him and his family off.

And people wonder why football fans get treated animals????? I won't be back for the rest of the season unless the relegation battle goes to the wire against UCD. I am not paying money to be in a location with skangers like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The abuse of Jason Byrne yesterday was despicable. The man is a club legend and a sizable amount of skangers thought it was apt to slag him and his family off.

And people wonder why football fans get treated animals????? I won't be back for the rest of the season unless the relegation battle goes to the wire against UCD. I am not paying money to be in a location with skangers like that.

Byrne got an injury playing for Dundalk v Shamrock R. in the 2011 Setanta cup final in Tallaght.It happened on the Shams(or "home") side.Rovers fans clapped with glee and shouted abuse as he was carried off with a serious injury.Shams fans when asked for a response on that behaviour said "It's all good craic,we know Jayo,shurre he's from Tallaght & he lives in Tallaght".He would have got the joke, I'm sure he did! :rolleyes:.Bad show but prevalant now adays and just not in the LOI :(

I didn't hear anything. Just don't sit near them and you won't either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Minor abuse and it was because Jayo was giving it socks to Cronin. Bray continued to play when Kelly(?) was down in the Bray box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Minor abuse and it was because Jayo was giving it socks to Cronin. Bray continued to play when Kelly(?) was down in the Bray box.

Calling his sister (by her name) a slut is not minor abuse. 2 people having words on the pitch is no excuse for people in the crowd to completely lose the head and behave like savages. What world do these people live in?

Plus Bray can play on if they want. They are under no obligation to kick the ball out. At no point did the player look in need of serious medical attention. He could have easily crawled off the pitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Fans giving opposition players abuse, Jesus Ive never heard that before :)

That's a disgrace. One thing to mock a player but to mock family required sick and disturbing people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I go to Indiependence for one weekend Bohs... What the fúck happened????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Calling his sister (by her name) a slut is not minor abuse. 2 people having words on the pitch is no excuse for people in the crowd to completely lose the head and behave like savages. What world do these people live in?..

It was infinitely preferable to hearing (Is This the Way to) Amarillo again :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Words can;t describe how bad Derry were tonight v Drogs in the semi-final.

Less than 600 at our game Vs Kilbarrack yesterday. So it seems the idiotic mantra of the Tommy Out people that his departure would add 1000 to every gate is pretty much dismissed as stupidity.

Been honest could not be arsed paying 13 quid to see City play that lot yesterday. Not worth it.

Will be there on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Calling his sister (by her name) a slut is not minor abuse. 2 people having words on the pitch is no excuse for people in the crowd to completely lose the head and behave like savages. What world do these people live in?

Plus Bray can play on if they want. They are under no obligation to kick the ball out. At no point did the player look in need of serious medical attention. He could have easily crawled off the pitch.

Can't say I heard the sister abuse, and I was standing right under the gantry.

I never heard any sister abuse either. Whatever abuse he was getting, he deserved it, he was acting very silly at the time.

if RH says that his family were being mocked than he deserved that??

lol ok:rolleyes:

if RH says that his family were being mocked than he deserved that??

lol ok:rolleyes:

wtf?

I never heard his sister being abused.

Whatever abuse I did hear him getting, he deserved (he was being called a prick and other names) for being a silly bugger.

Bloody helll, even louder than the abuse he was receiving was the Shels singing the pro-Jason Byrne song from years ago. No-one mentioned that though.

Jason Byrne is still liked, loved even, by a sizable number of proper Shels fans. People getting their knickers in a twist about one or two scummers slagging his sister are being a bit silly.

He's Tallaght, born and bred. I'm sure he's heard worse. :rolleyes:

wtf?

I never heard his sister being abused.

Whatever abuse I did hear him getting, he deserved (he was being called a prick and other names) for being a silly bugger.

Bloody helll, even louder than the abuse he was receiving was the Shels singing the pro-Jason Byrne song from years ago. No-one mentioned that though.

Jason Byrne is still liked, loved even, by a sizable number of proper Shels fans. People getting their knickers in a twist about one or two scummers slagging his sister are being a bit silly.

He's Tallaght, born and bred. I'm sure he's heard worse. :rolleyes:

read what I said first.

I never said you heard anything.

Advertisement